Dealing with anxiety and yawning

Lately I’ve been feeling a lot of anxiety, and I noticed something unusual - I’ve been yawning more than normal. As soon as the anxious feeling would come up, no matter if it was in my daily work or at home, suddenly I’d have this intense urge to yawn. It almost felt like my body’s way of telling me to relax into the moment.

After doing some research, it turns out this is quite common for people who suffer from anxiety - the intense feeling causes your body’s natural reaction to be to shut down and take a mental break by yawning. Amazingly enough, it actually helps lessen how intense and uncomfortable those moments of anxiety can be!

So whether you struggle with anxiety or not, just try to surrender into your yawns instead of forcing them back - they may help you find small moments of peace during stressful days.

7 Likes

Hey man, it’s totally normal to feel that way when dealing with anxiety. I’ve experienced the same thing when I’m feeling anxious - the sudden urge to yawn out of nowhere. It’s interesting how our bodies can try to cope with the overwhelming feelings. It’s great that you did some research and found out that it’s a common thing for people with anxiety. And yeah, surrendering to the yawns instead of trying to hold them back can actually bring some relief. It’s like a little signal from your body to take a moment for yourself. Keep leaning into those yawns and finding those little moments of peace, especially during the stressful days. We’re all in this together!

Hi there! First of all, I just want to say that it’s totally normal to feel anxious, and it’s great that you’re recognizing how your body is responding to it. Yawning more when you’re feeling anxious is something a lot of people experience, and it’s kind of fascinating how our bodies try to help us out in stressful situations. I’ve actually noticed the same thing happening to me when I’m feeling anxious. It’s like my body’s way of saying, ‘Hey, slow down and take a deep breath.’ It’s amazing to hear that it can actually help lessen the intensity of those anxious moments. I’m definitely going to try to surrender into my yawns from now on! Thanks for sharing this insight - it’s always helpful to know we’re not alone in our experiences. Wishing you peace and calm during those stressful days!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. I’ve experienced the same thing with anxiety and yawning. It’s crazy how our bodies try to find ways to calm us down, right? I’m glad you did some research and found out that it’s a common thing. It’s like a little reminder to take a breather and relax, even in the midst of all the chaos. I’ve been trying to embrace the yawns lately, and it really does help to ease the intensity of those anxious moments. It’s like a mini reset button. So, thanks for sharing your experience and the tip about surrendering into the yawns. I think it’s definitely worth giving it a shot and seeing if it brings some peace during those stressful times. Hang in there!

Hey, I totally get how you’re feeling. I used to have the same experience with yawning when my anxiety would start creeping in. It’s kind of amazing how our bodies have their own way of trying to help us out, right? I found that allowing myself to yawn and taking a deep breath really does help to take the edge off those anxious moments. It’s like a little reminder to just pause and let go of some of that tension. I’m glad you did some research and found out that it’s a common thing - it’s always good to know we’re not alone in these experiences. Keep surrendering to those yawns and find those moments of peace whenever you can.

Hey, I completely understand what you’re going through. I’ve had similar experiences with anxiety and the whole yawning thing. It’s so interesting how our bodies try to help us out, even when it feels like everything is falling apart. I’ve found that when I let myself surrender to the yawns, it really does ease up those intense moments of anxiety. It’s like a little mini mental break that my body is begging me to take. I’m so glad you did some research and found out that this is a common thing for anxiety sufferers - it really does make me feel less alone in all of this. It’s amazing how something as simple as letting yourself yawn can make a difference in those stressful moments. Thanks for sharing your experience - it’s a good reminder for all of us to be kind to ourselves during those tough times.

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. I can totally relate to what you’re going through. It’s amazing how our body responds to anxiety in different ways, and I had no idea that yawning could actually help to lessen the intensity of those anxious moments. I think it’s really cool that you’ve found a little trick to help find moments of peace during stressful times. I’m going to definitely try surrendering into my yawns instead of trying to hold them back. It’s nice to know that there’s something small we can do to help ourselves during those tough moments. Thanks again for sharing this, it’s really helpful to know that I’m not alone in this. Take care!

Hi there! It’s really great that you’ve done some research and found out that your yawning is actually your body’s way of trying to relax during those moments of anxiety. It’s amazing how our bodies have these little tricks up their sleeves to help us cope with stress! I’ve actually noticed the same thing happening to me when I start feeling anxious - the yawning just kind of kicks in on its own. It’s like a little reminder from my body to take a breath and slow down for a moment. I’m glad to hear that it’s helping you find some peace during those tough times. It’s definitely a good reminder for all of us to listen to our bodies and let them do their thing. Keep surrendering to those yawns and taking those little moments for yourself - you deserve it!