Cant tell if its anxiety stress or depression anymore

I can’t really tell what I’m dealing with anymore. Some days I feel tense and restless, like my brain won’t stop scanning for something bad. Other days I feel drained and disconnected, and even basic stuff feels harder than it should. Then there are times when both happen at once, which is exhausting.

I keep trying to label it as anxiety, stress, or depression, but the symptoms overlap so much that I end up second-guessing myself. Sleep hasn’t helped much either. If I sleep too little, everything feels worse, but sleeping more doesn’t always make me feel rested.

I’m thinking about bringing it up with a doctor or therapist, mostly because guessing on my own isn’t getting me anywhere. Does anyone else have trouble telling which one they’re dealing with?

1 Like

The part about both happening at once is what gets me too. Feeling wired and completely worn out at the same time can make it hard to even explain what’s going on.

Talking with a doctor or therapist sounds like a good next step. I’ve found it helps to write down sleep, energy, mood, and the physical anxiety symptoms for a few days before an appointment. Not to diagnose myself, just so I don’t freeze up and forget half of it.