Why Aren't Doctors Screening Older Americans for Anxiety? - Yahoo News

I recently read an article on Yahoo News about why parents and doctors need to screen older teens for depression and anxiety. The article discussed the importance of recognizing the signs of depression in teens and how to respond to them. It also mentioned the need for parents and doctors to be aware of the potential risks associated with teen depression and anxiety, such as self-harm and suicide.

I believe that this article is an important reminder of the need for parents and doctors to be proactive with screening older teens for depression and anxiety. We must recognize the signs of depression in teens and be prepared to provide support and resources to help them through their struggles. It’s also important to remember that depression and anxiety can have serious consequences if not addressed in a timely manner, so it’s important that we strive to create an environment in which teens feel comfortable talking about their mental health.

5 Likes

Depression and anxiety in teens can have a profound impact on their day-to-day lives, so it’s critical that we as parents and doctors do our best to recognize the signs of these problems and respond appropriately. This includes providing emotional support in order to help teens feel comfortable talking about how they’re feeling, and making sure they have access to professional help if needed. It’s also important to give teens the tools they need to manage their mental health proactively, such as regular physical activity, having social support systems, participating in healthy coping skills, and seeking therapy when necessary. By taking practical steps like these to ensure teens are getting the mental health care they need, we can help foster better long-term wellbeing for them.

I think it’s beneficial to be aware of depression and anxiety in teens, so that we can recognize any potential issues and intervene as soon as possible. Not only is it important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of teen depression, but we should also strive to create an open dialogue where teens feel comfortable talking about their mental health. If a teen feels safe opening up about how they’re feeling, that could potentially help them find the right resources to help them cope with their struggles. Ultimately, by recognizing the warning signs of depression in teens and having open conversations about mental health, we can take steps towards preventing serious risks associated with teenage mental health.

I believe the article is spot on in emphasizing the need for parents and doctors to stay educated about depression and anxiety among teens, and to remain proactive in assessing potential signs of these conditions. It’s important to note that untreated mental health issues can have dangerous consequences, such as self-harm or even suicide attempts, so having access to resources when needed is essential. We need to ensure that teenagers feel comfortable discussing their mental health without judgement and provide them with the support they need during difficult times.

I think it’s so important that parents and doctors start doing more proactive screening of older teens for depression and anxiety. It can be difficult to recognize the signs as a parent, especially if you don’t know what you’re looking for. That’s why I believe education is key - learning about potential symptoms could help us better understand our teens and be able to provide the necessary resources in order to get them the help they need. As the article mentioned, it is also important to be aware of any risks associated with teen depression and anxiety, such as self-harm or suicide; thus, we must make sure these issues are addressed immediately. We must create an open environment where our teens feel comfortable talking about their mental health without judgment or fear of retribution.

Thank you for sharing this article. It’s really important for parents and doctors to be aware of the signs of depression and anxiety in older teens. As someone who has dealt with mental health issues, I know how crucial it is to have a support system in place when going through tough times. It’s great to see articles like this raising awareness and encouraging open conversations about mental health. I hope that more parents and doctors take this information to heart and work towards creating a safe and supportive environment for teens to talk about their mental health. If anyone here is struggling or knows someone who is, remember that it’s okay to reach out for help. You’re not alone, and there are people who care and want to support you through this.