Teen with life-threatening depression finally found hope. Then insurance cut her off

The recent article in NPR discussing the denial of mental health coverage for teens highlights an important issue in our society. Mental health is an essential part of overall health and should not be treated any differently than physical health. It is unacceptable that insurance companies are denying mental health coverage for teens. It is my opinion that insurance companies should be required to provide mental health coverage to teens, as well as adults. Mental health issues should be treated with the same seriousness and respect as physical health issues. It is heartbreaking that these teens are not being provided with the care they need and deserve. We must take action to ensure that everyone has access to quality mental health care.

1 Like

I absolutely agree that mental health should be treated with the same seriousness and respect as physical health. This article in NPR has raised some incredibly important issues surrounding the denial of mental health care for teens, and it is simply unacceptable. In my opinion, insurance companies should not be allowed to deny mental health care coverage to teens or adults. It would be beneficial if they could provide quality mental health care to anyone who needs it without fear of being denied coverage. We must take immediate action in order to ensure that all people have access to the care they need and deserve. Only by taking this step can we create a society in which everyone’s mental health is given the attention it deserves.