Struggling with depression - my story

Depression has been an ongoing struggle throughout the past few years – and it’s definitely not easy. It’s like a fog surrounds my every thought, making it difficult to find any peace or rest. I have never felt so hopeless and overwhelmed before.

My days used to consist of feeling drained of energy without any motivation to move on, struggling with lack of concentration, oversleeping for hours, gaining/losing weight suddenly, pushing away friends and family as a way of self-preservation rather than coming to them for help.

Though these symptoms don’t define who I am, it’s been incredibly hard dealing with them on top of life’s challenges at the same time and momentarily unable to recognize how valuable I am as an individual. This journey has taught me that everyone is fighting their own battles that no one can see - and that it’s ok to feel down sometimes while looking for ways to pick yourself back up again.

By being open, honest and mindful with myself about my mental health needs (and recognizing them), I’m slowly learning what is helpful in bringing light into these darker moments instead of trying to power through on my own. Whether it be eating healthier foods, getting enough exercise or medication combined with therapy sessions - I know I will eventually move forward in this journey towards healing.

No matter what you’re going through, please remember there’s always hope on the other side – because you are worth it

6 Likes

Hey there,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through such a difficult time with your mental health. It sounds like you’ve been doing everything you can to make changes and take care of yourself - that’s admirable. Depression is never easy, but it doesn’t have to be something that defines who you are either.

You aren’t alone in this, and it’s okay to reach out for help or support when you need it. Learning what works best for you in terms of dealing with depression will take some trial and error and requires lots of patience, but I’m sure you will get there. Eating well, exercising regularly and talking to someone about what you’re feeling can all provide some much needed respite from your struggles.

Above all else, remember that despite the darkness clouding your thoughts right now, things will get brighter in time. Don’t forget how valuable and amazing you are as an individual - stay true to yourself no matter how hard it may feel at times. You exist for so much more than any mental illness might try telling you otherwise. :yellow_heart:

Hey, I’ve been in a similar place and I know how tough it can be to deal with depression. It really does feel like a fog that just won’t lift. But you’re definitely not alone in this. I completely get what you’re saying about feeling drained, unmotivated, and disconnected from friends and family. It’s like your whole self-worth gets clouded by these feelings, right? I’ve found that being open and honest about my mental health needs has been a game changer. Whether it’s therapy, medication, exercise, or eating right, finding what works for you can make a world of difference. And you’re right - there is hope on the other side of this. We’re worth the effort it takes to heal, and we deserve to feel better. Hang in there, and keep reaching out for help. It can get better.

Hey there, I hear you. Depression can feel like an endless struggle, but you’re not alone. I’ve gone through similar feelings of hopelessness and overwhelm, and it’s tough. It’s so important to be open and honest with yourself about your mental health needs, and it sounds like you’re on the right track by recognizing what helps you. Eating healthier, getting exercise, and therapy can make a big difference - they’ve certainly helped me. And you’re right, there’s always hope on the other side. You are worth the effort it takes to heal. Keep being kind and mindful to yourself, and know that brighter days are ahead. Hang in there, friend.

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. It’s tough dealing with depression, but I’m really glad you’re being open and honest with yourself about your mental health needs. It’s definitely a rollercoaster ride, but it’s important to remember that you are valuable and worth the effort it takes to get through this. I’ve found that taking small steps, like eating healthier and getting some exercise, can really make a difference in those darker moments. And it’s okay to ask for help, whether it’s medication, therapy, or leaning on friends and family. Just know that there is always hope on the other side, and things will get better. Hang in there!

Hey, man, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. I’ve been there too, and it’s tough. But I’m glad to hear that you’re being open and honest with yourself about your mental health needs - that’s a huge step in the right direction. It’s okay to feel down sometimes, and it’s okay to ask for help. It’s great that you’re finding ways to bring light into those darker moments, whether it’s through healthier foods, exercise, or therapy. Keep up the good work, and remember that there is always hope on the other side. You are worth it, and you deserve to feel better. Hang in there, and keep taking those small steps towards healing. We’re all rooting for you.

I can totally relate to what you’re going through. It’s like this never-ending battle that just sucks the life out of you, right? But it’s amazing that you’re recognizing and addressing your mental health needs. That’s a huge step, and you should be proud of yourself for that. It’s not easy, but finding those little things that bring some light into the darkness can make a world of difference. For me, going for a walk or doing something creative really helps. And reaching out for professional help is so important, too. Just remember that you’re not alone in this and that there is hope on the other side, even when it feels like there isn’t. Hang in there, and keep pushing forward. You’re worth it.