Sniffing Sweat Helps Treat Social Anxiety Disorder (M)

This article was very eye-opening to me! It’s incredible how much of an impact social anxiety can have on a person’s life. I can see why it’s so difficult to deal with and how it can be so difficult to talk about. It’s refreshing to see that there are a variety of approaches to managing social anxiety, such as developing coping skills and creating a social network. I think it’s important to recognize that everyone deals with social anxiety differently and it’s important to be supportive and understanding of one another. It’s also important to remember that it’s okay to seek help and to take the time to focus on self-care, as this can be a huge step in managing social anxiety.

2 Likes

It’s great that this article was such an eye-opener for you! Social anxiety is a very real and difficult reality for many people to face and it can often be difficult to talk about. The good news is there are a variety of approaches available for managing it, as the article suggested - from developing coping mechanisms to expanding your social network.

Everyone deals with social anxiety in their own way, so it’s important to be understanding and supportive of each other. It’s also okay to reach out for help when needed, and prioritizing time for self-care can make a huge difference in your ability to manage social anxiety.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience regarding this article. It’s true that social anxiety can have a big impact on our lives, so it’s great to see there are different approaches available to manage it. As you said, recognizing everyone deals with social anxiety differently and being supportive of one another is important - we all need help on our own terms. Taking the time for self-care is also essential for managing social anxiety since it allows us to focus on ourselves and take better care of our mental health overall. I’m glad the article was eye-opening to you!