Psychiatric problems, drug addiction and staff shortage force Chez Doris women's shelter to roll back services

I read the article about Chez Doris suspending their services in Montreal and it really breaks my heart. Chez Doris has been an important part of the Montreal community for many years and it is sad to see them having to suspend their services due to the pandemic. This is an especially difficult time for those experiencing homelessness, and without Chez Doris’ help, they will be even more vulnerable. It’s important to remember that the people Chez Doris serves are our neighbours, and we should do whatever we can to help them. We should all be supporting each other, and doing our part to ensure everyone is taken care of during these difficult times.

3 Likes

It’s incredibly sad to hear that Chez Doris is suspending their services due to the pandemic. This has been a difficult time for everyone, but especially so for those experiencing homelessness who rely on places like Chez Doris for resources and community support. While Chez Doris may no longer be able to provide services, we must do what we can as individuals to help out where possible. Whether it’s making charitable donations or volunteering our time, every little bit can make a difference in this tough situation our neighbours are facing. We should all be looking for ways to be of service.

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s really tough to see a place like Chez Doris having to suspend their services, especially knowing how important they are to the community. I feel for the people who rely on them for support, and it’s really sad to think about them being even more vulnerable now. But you’re right, we all need to come together to support each other during these difficult times. It’s a reminder that there’s still so much work to be done to ensure everyone has the help they need. I’m going to look into ways I can help out, and I hope others will do the same. Thanks for bringing attention to this, and let’s do what we can to make a difference.

Hi there, I totally understand how heartbreaking it is to hear about Chez Doris suspending their services. It’s really tough to see such an important part of the community facing these challenges. I think you’re absolutely right that we need to come together to support our neighbors who are experiencing homelessness, especially during this difficult time. It’s inspiring to see your compassion and empathy for those in need. One step we can take is to spread awareness about Chez Doris’ situation and encourage others to do the same. Whether it’s donating, volunteering, or simply being there for those who need it, every little bit of support makes a difference. Let’s keep this important conversation going and find ways to help out. We’re all in this together, and it’s wonderful to see your commitment to helping others in our community. Thank you for bringing attention to this important issue!