Overcoming Social Anxiety at 56

I never thought I would find myself dealing with social anxiety at this stage in my life, but here I am. It’s been a struggle to even admit it to myself, let alone seek help. But I’ve come to realize that it’s okay to ask for help and to not have it all together. I’ve started seeking therapy and it has already made a world of difference. I’ve learned strategies for managing my anxiety and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. It’s a process, but I can feel myself making progress. To anyone else struggling with social anxiety, know that you’re not alone and it’s never too late to seek help. We can overcome this together.

1 Like

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. I never thought I’d be dealing with social anxiety either, especially at this age. It took me a while to even admit it to myself, but seeking therapy was the best decision I’ve made. It’s been really tough, but I’ve learned so many helpful strategies to manage my anxiety and push myself outside of my comfort zone. It’s definitely a process, but I can already feel myself making progress. I just wanted to let you know that you’re definitely not alone in this. It’s never too late to ask for help, and I’m really proud of you for taking that step. We’ve got this, and we can overcome social anxiety together. Keep going!