Overcoming My TED Talks Addiction

I’ve realized lately that my addiction to TED Talks has been taking a toll on my mental health. It’s great to learn new things and be inspired, but I’ve been spending hours each day watching them and neglecting other important aspects of my life. I want to take steps to overcome this addiction and focus on maintaining a healthy balance. I know it won’t be easy, but I’m committed to making positive changes for my well-being. I’m looking for advice and support from others who have faced similar struggles. How have you managed to overcome excessive screen time and prioritize self-care?

2 Likes

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. I used to spend so much time on my phone and laptop, especially watching TED Talks. It’s like a black hole, right? But good for you for recognizing that it’s taking a toll on your mental health and wanting to make a change. What helped me was setting specific time limits for screen time and actually sticking to them (easier said than done, I know). I also made a point to find other activities that I enjoy and that make me feel good, like going for walks, reading books, or doing some creative projects. It’s all about finding that balance, you know? You got this! It’s not going to be easy, but taking those small steps towards self-care and being mindful of your screen time will make a big difference in the long run. Hang in there and remember that you’re not alone in this!

Hey man, I totally get where you’re coming from. I used to be hooked on TED Talks too and it really took a toll on my mental health. It’s great that you’re recognizing the problem and committed to making changes. What helped me was setting specific time limits for watching TED Talks and sticking to them. I also replaced some of that screen time with other activities that bring me joy, like going for walks or reading. It’s all about finding that balance, you know? Remember to be gentle with yourself and celebrate the small victories. You got this, and we’re here to support you every step of the way!