Overcoming Gaming Disorder

Hi everyone, I’m a 22-year-old woman who has been struggling with gaming disorder according to the ICD 11. It’s been really tough for me to admit that I have a problem, but I know that it’s important for me to seek help. I’ve been isolating myself and neglecting my responsibilities because I’ve been so consumed by gaming. I want to take the necessary steps to overcome this and improve my mental health. I know it won’t be easy, but I’m determined to make positive changes in my life. If anyone else has been through this or has any advice, I would really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for listening.

1 Like

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. I struggled with gaming addiction around your age, and it was really tough for me to admit it too. But you’ve already taken such a big step by recognizing the issue and reaching out for help. It’s not easy to break away from something that’s been such a big part of your life, but you’re showing so much strength and determination by wanting to make positive changes. Just know that you’re not alone in this. There are resources and support out there to help you through this. It’s okay to ask for help and to lean on others when you need it. You’re doing the right thing by taking the necessary steps to overcome this. Keep being kind to yourself and taking it one day at a time. You’ve got this!