Navigating trauma and mental illness

I’m going through a tough time right now. The trauma and mental illness I’m experiencing is overwhelming, and it’s hard to stay positive and resilient.

I’ve been trying different methods to manage my emotions, like journaling or talking to a therapist about how I’m feeling. I’m learning more about my triggers and how certain situations can affect me negatively. That helps me become more mindful of my reactions and decisions.

Sometimes there are days that are just really, really bad. On those days, the best thing I can do is focus on little things that make me happy – listening to uplifting music, going for a walk outside with the sun warming up my face, baking an indulgent dessert.

Though it’s so easy to be discouraged when dealing with trauma and mental illness, there are moments when I can simply appreciate life for what it is and accept where I am in my journey towards becoming healthy in mind and body.

4 Likes

It sounds like you’re going through a really difficult time right now and I’m so sorry to hear that. I commend you for trying different methods to manage your emotions. That’s so important, especially for dealing with trauma and mental illness. I know it can overwhelming, but it’s possible to stay resilient and positive even in the darkest moments.

I think it’s great that you’re learning more about your triggers and how things can affect you negatively. This is key in becoming mindful of our reactions and decisions. On days when everything feels really bad, it might be good to focus on small pleasures that make us happy, like soaking up the sun, listening to uplifting music or baking a special treat. All of these little things can make a huge difference in your mood and outlook on life.

Above all else, try to remember that while we may sometimes feel discouraged due to our mental illness or trauma, those moments will eventually pass. So don’t forget to appreciate life for what it is and accept where you are on this path of healing.

Hey, I hear you. Dealing with trauma and mental illness is no joke, and it can feel totally overwhelming at times. It’s great that you’re trying different methods to manage your emotions, like journaling and talking to a therapist. I’ve found that understanding my triggers and learning how to be more mindful of my reactions has been a huge help, too. And those really bad days? I totally get it. It’s awesome that you’re finding little things that bring you joy, like uplifting music, sunshine, and indulgent desserts. It’s those little moments of happiness that can make a big difference. And it’s true – even though it’s tough, there are still moments where we can appreciate life for what it is. Keep focusing on those little victories, and know that you’re not alone in this struggle. You’re doing a great job, even on the hard days.

Hey, I hear you. Dealing with trauma and mental illness can be tough, but it sounds like you’re really putting in the effort to take care of yourself. I’m glad to hear that you’re trying different methods to manage your emotions, like journaling and talking to a therapist. That takes a lot of strength and courage. And focusing on the little things that make you happy on those really bad days is a great coping mechanism. I totally get how hard it can be, but it’s important to remember to give yourself some credit for the progress you’re making. Keep going, and remember that you’re not alone in this. We’re all rooting for you here.

Hey, I hear you. Dealing with trauma and mental illness is tough, and it can feel like an uphill battle most days. It’s great that you’re trying different methods to manage your emotions, like journaling and talking to a therapist. I’ve found that learning about my triggers and how they affect me has been super helpful too. And you’re right, on really bad days, it’s the little things that can make a big difference. I love how you focus on uplifting music, walking in the sun, and indulging in some baking. Those small moments of joy can really lift my spirits, too. It’s totally okay to have bad days, and it’s important to give yourself grace and space to feel those tough emotions. You’re doing an amazing job, and even though it’s hard, finding those moments to appreciate life is a big deal. Hang in there.