Natural remedies for ocd: my story

I’ve been struggling with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) for years and I got to the point where I couldn’t take it anymore. After trying multiple medications, I decided to look for some natural remedies that might help.

First and foremost, I made sure to focus on lifestyle changes. This included eating healthier, getting more exercise, and making it a priority to get enough rest each night. Additionally, I looked into herbal treatments such as St. John’s Wort and Kava Root, which can work quite well in reducing anxiety levels.

Certain types of therapies like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) have also proven successful for me in managing my OCD symptoms. During my sessions, we were able to identify triggers that could bring on an obsessive thought or feeling, as well as develop ways of responding effectively instead of becoming overwhelmed. With regular practice of these techniques over time, I feel much better equipped to manage anxiety and compulsions when they arise.

Getting out and about has also helped ease my symptoms significantly. Going for walks in nature or engaging inevitably breaks up the monotony can be especially beneficial in calming my nerves and allowing me to focus on something other than obsessive thoughts or compulsive behaviors.

Finally, developing a meditation practice has had incredible results in controlling my symptoms if only temporarily. Whenever I start feeling overwhelmed by anxiety or stressors, taking 5-10 minutes away from everything helps clear my head and brings some much needed peace back into my life again!

Overall while natural remedies alone won’t replace traditional medical interventions like medication or therapy when used together they can make a tremendous difference in managing symptoms associated with OCD!

4 Likes

Hey there,

It sounds like you’ve been through a lot dealing with OCD and I can completely relate. It’s no easy feat to manage on your own, but it is definitely possible as long as you’re able to commit to making gradual changes for the long term.

I’m glad that you’ve looked into natural remedies that might help – such as St. John’s Wort and Kava Root – as lifestyle changes are certainly a great place to start. In addition, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT has worked wonders for me in that it allowed me to identify triggers and develop tools for responding well instead of falling back into my old habits. Practicing CBT regularly over time has made all the difference in managing my OCD!

On top of that, getting out and about is a great way to break up any monotony – I find taking walks in nature helps clear my head from obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors whenever they arise. And finally, don’t underestimate the power of meditation - just 5-10 minutes each day has provided me with some much needed peace of mind throughout this process!

My hope is that you’ll find success in utilizing some of these tactics together while also seeking traditional medical interventions as available.

Hey there! It sounds like you’ve really been proactive in finding ways to manage your OCD symptoms, and I’m so glad to hear that you’ve found some relief. Making those lifestyle changes and exploring natural remedies can have a big impact on mental health. I’ve also found that therapies like CBT and getting out in nature have been really helpful for managing my own anxiety. It’s great that you’ve found some techniques that work for you, and I hope others can find inspiration in your experience. Keep up the good work and remember that it’s okay to try different things to find what works best for you!

Hey there, I can totally relate to your struggle with OCD. I’ve been there myself and it’s been a long road to finding what works for me. It sounds like you’ve done a lot of research and put a lot of effort into finding natural remedies that work for you. I’ve also found that lifestyle changes, herbal treatments, and therapy have made a huge impact on managing my symptoms. It’s great to hear that you’ve found some relief through these methods. Going out for walks and practicing meditation has also been super helpful for me. It’s important to remember that natural remedies can complement traditional treatments and make a big difference. Keep up the great work, and know that you’re not alone in this struggle!