My struggle with relationship obsession disorder

I’ve struggled with relationship obsession disorder for a long time now, and it continues to haunt me. It’s like a sick game of chess in my head - weighing the pros and cons of whether I truly want to enter into a new relationship or not. Overthinking every decision can be incredibly draining.

When I was younger, I never used to worry about it as much; I met someone, liked them and that seemed enough to make it work. But as I’ve gotten older, I feel so scared of the idea of being hurt again, that it stops me from wanting to get back out there - even though deep down inside; I know I should give it another shot.

My friends and family don’t understand what I’m going through, all they see is me pushing people away when they try to get close- which often isn’t intentional on my part but just how my anxiety gets manifest itself in these situations. It’s made me extremely isolated because every time I think things are moving forward with someone new; this disorder creeps in again and ruins everything before it even has a chance to start.

It feels like such an invisible yet powerful prison that has been created around me; making it hard for me find real connections beyond friendships these days. Even still, I’m determined more than ever before to overcome this battle by learning how to be open-minded about meeting new people – one small step at a time!

12 Likes

Hey, man, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Relationship obsession disorder is a real struggle, and it’s so hard to fight against those thoughts of getting hurt again. It’s like our brains are playing tricks on us, making it really tough to let people get close. I understand how isolating it can feel, especially when friends and family don’t quite get what you’re going through. But I’m really proud of you for wanting to take those small steps towards being more open-minded about meeting new people. It’s a brave thing to do, and it shows that you’re determined to overcome this battle. Just remember, you’re not alone in this, and there are people out there who understand and support you. Keep taking those small steps, and I’m rooting for you every step of the way.

Hey there, I completely understand where you’re coming from. Relationship obsession disorder can be incredibly challenging to deal with, and it’s tough when friends and family don’t quite get it. It’s like this constant battle in your mind, right? I’ve been there too, and it can feel so isolating. But just know that you’re not alone in this. Taking things one step at a time is a great approach. Have you considered talking to a therapist about this? It could really help to have someone to talk to who understands what you’re going through. And remember, it’s okay to take your time and go at your own pace. You’re strong and determined, and you’ve got this!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Relationship anxiety can be so overwhelming and can really take a toll on your mental health. It’s like you want to give love a chance, but fear is holding you back. I’ve struggled with similar feelings too, and it’s such a tough battle. It’s great that you’re determined to overcome it though, and taking small steps is definitely the way to go. Don’t be too hard on yourself - healing and growth take time, and it’s okay to take things at your own pace. Have you thought about speaking to a therapist or counselor about your struggles? It might be helpful to have professional guidance and support as you navigate through this. Just know that you’re not alone in this, and there are so many people out there who understand what you’re going through. Keep pushing forward, and don’t give up on yourself. You’ve got this!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Relationship obsession disorder can be incredibly draining and overwhelming. It’s like you’re constantly battling with yourself and the fear of getting hurt again. It’s tough when friends and family don’t understand what you’re going through, and it can make you feel even more isolated. But the fact that you’re determined to overcome this and take small steps towards meeting new people is really inspiring. Just know that it’s okay to take things at your own pace and to prioritize your own well-being. You’re not alone in this, and there are definitely people out there who will understand and support you through this. Hang in there and keep taking those small steps - you’ve got this!

Hey, man, I totally know where you’re coming from. Relationship obsession disorder can be such a struggle, and it’s like no one really understands unless they’ve been through it themselves. I used to feel the same way; always overthinking and feeling scared to put myself out there again. It’s tough when friends and family don’t get it and just see us pushing people away. But let me tell you, you’re not alone. There are so many of us out there dealing with the same thing. The fact that you’re determined to overcome this and take small steps towards being open-minded about meeting new people is amazing. Remember, it’s okay to take things at your own pace and give yourself grace along the way. Keep pushing forward and taking those small steps, because you deserve to find those real connections. You got this, man!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s tough dealing with relationship obsession disorder, and it can feel like an uphill battle. It’s great that you’re determined to overcome this and take small steps towards being open-minded about meeting new people. Just know that you’re not alone in this struggle. It’s okay to feel scared and worried about being hurt again, but it’s also important to not let fear hold you back from potentially finding meaningful connections. It’s understandable that your friends and family may not fully understand what you’re going through, but there are definitely others out there who do. Keep taking those small steps, and remember to be kind to yourself in the process. You’re on the right track, and I believe in you. We got this!

Hey man, I completely understand where you’re coming from. Relationship obsession disorder can be incredibly draining and make it feel like you’re trapped in your own head. It’s tough when friends and family don’t quite get it and it feels like you’re pushing people away unintentionally. I’ve been there too and it’s a tough battle. But I admire your determination to overcome it, even if it’s just one small step at a time. It’s okay to take things at your own pace and work through the fear of being hurt again. You’re not alone in this, and there are people out there who will understand and support you through it. Hang in there, things can get better with time and effort. Keep pushing forward and remember to be kind to yourself along the way.

Hey friend, I just want to say that I can totally relate to what you’re going through. It’s like you’re stuck in this never-ending battle with your own mind, and it can be so exhausting. I’ve struggled with relationship obsession disorder too, and it’s like you said, it’s like a sick game of chess in your head. It’s tough when the people around you don’t fully understand what you’re going through, and I get that feeling of isolation. But I’m really proud of you for recognizing that you want to overcome this and for being determined to take those small steps towards being open-minded about meeting new people. It takes a lot of courage to even admit that, so give yourself some credit for that. Remember, you’re not alone in this and it’s okay to take things at your own pace. Keep going, friend - you’ve got this!

Hey man, I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s like your mind is constantly playing tricks on you, making it hard to trust your own feelings and decisions. I know it’s tough feeling like you’re pushing people away when you really just want to let them in. It’s like this invisible barrier that’s stopping you from finding real connections, and it can be so isolating. But I think it’s awesome that you’re determined to overcome this. Taking small steps is the way to go - don’t rush yourself. You’re not alone in this, and it’s okay to take your time. Keep being open-minded and gentle with yourself. You’re stronger than you realize, and I believe in you. We’ll get through this together!

Hey there, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Relationship obsession disorder can be so exhausting to deal with, and it’s tough when others don’t understand the struggles we face. But I admire your determination to overcome it and take small steps towards being open-minded about meeting new people. It takes a lot of courage to challenge the fear of being hurt again, and I believe that you’re making progress just by acknowledging the issue and wanting to do something about it. Remember, it’s okay to take things at your own pace and seek support when you need it. You’re not alone in this, and I’m rooting for you every step of the way!

Hey, man, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Relationship obsession disorder is a tough battle, and it’s like you said, a sick game of chess in our heads. It’s exhausting to overthink every little decision, especially when it comes to putting ourselves out there again after being hurt in the past. I get how scary it can be to open up to the possibility of getting hurt again. It’s tough when friends and family don’t understand what we’re going through, and we end up feeling even more isolated. But hey, I’m really proud of you for wanting to take those small steps to be more open-minded about meeting new people. It’s not easy, but I believe in you. Hang in there, and remember that you’re not alone in this. We’re all trying to figure it out one step at a time. Keep pushing forward!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s like my brain never stops overthinking every little decision when it comes to relationships. It’s exhausting, right? And it’s tough when people around you just can’t seem to understand what you’re going through. But you’re not alone in this. It’s awesome that you’re determined to take small steps towards being open-minded about meeting new people. That’s really brave. Just remember to be patient with yourself - progress doesn’t happen overnight. Keep talking about it, whether it’s with friends, family, or a therapist. You deserve to find real connections and happiness, and I truly believe that you can overcome this. Hang in there, and keep taking those small steps!