My story living with untreated bipolar disorder

Living with bipolar disorder is a difficult and ongoing journey, one that I have faced for many years without getting the help and treatment I desperately need. For far too long, I ignored or downplayed my mood shifts and episodes of depression and mania, believing somehow that they would resolve themselves. But even while going through some of my lowest points in life, I tried to find a way to cope without help from professionals or medication.

While this worked for a while in helping me manage the symptoms, as time went on it became increasingly clear that it wasn’t enough to keep them in check. Looking back now, I regret not seeking out real help sooner rather than trying to do it all on my own.

There have been good days and bad days since then but the overall trend is still unsettling. No matter how hard I fight against it, my emotional state still ebbs and flows which can make life seem unpredictable or chaotic at times. There are moments where I feel like myself again and life makes sense but then something will trigger a switch and it threatens to throw everything off balance yet again.

But now more than ever I am determined to get the help I need before things spiral out of control again. No one should have to go through such an intense rollercoaster alone – talking with a therapist or doctor is necessary in order to gain insight into what you’re feeling and find ways of managing your condition better moving forward. It might be daunting at first but there’s no better time than now to take the first step towards becoming healthier emotionally for the long run!