My story as a drug and alcohol counselor

I have always had a passion for helping others in whatever way I can. This is why I decided to become a drug and alcohol counselor. It has been an enriching experience and I’m happy to be able to provide support to those who need it the most.

It’s inspiring to see people take control of their lives, make positive changes, and overcome obstacles they once thought were impossible. The road towards recovery is not always easy but there are so many individuals that persevere through difficult times.

One of my most memorable moments was helping someone achieve sobriety after being addicted for years. Seeing the gratitude in their eyes when they finally realized the freedom that sobriety gave them made all the hard work worth it!

My experiences as a drug and alcohol counselor have also given me opportunities to learn more about substance use disorders on a deeper level - something that I am ever so grateful for. The more insight I gain into this field, the better equipped I will be to help those affected by addiction get access to the knowledge and resources they need in order to build better lives for themselves.