My personal story of trauma and mental health

Though I won’t go into too many details, I have had my fair share of traumatic events. My mental health journey has been full of highs and lows, but I’ve learned to cope with what life throws at me.

It hasn’t always been easy to come to terms with the trauma and accept it for what it is. But I eventually found the strength that was inside me the whole time to acknowledge my pain and begin moving forward with my life.

Through therapy, medication, and other forms of self-care like talking to friends or journaling, I finally felt like myself again—or an even better version of myself. There are still days when it gets hard, but now I know how to cool off and recognize what works best for me in order to take care of myself properly.

I’m proud of myself for how far I’ve come on this personal journey, and if there’s anything I would want others out there to know coming from where I once was: you can get through whatever it is you may be going through right now and come out a stronger person than before. Keep going!