My mental health struggle with icarly eating disorder

Over the years, I have had to face the fact that I was struggling with an eating disorder. It has been an incredibly difficult journey. I have spent countless hours trying to come to terms with my mental health struggles and body image issues.

At first, I thought it was just a passing phase in my life but, as time went by, things got worse. I would constantly fixate on food and what I should or shouldn’t be consuming. Counting calories, avoiding certain types of foods, preoccupying myself with weighing scales…these became part of my daily routine in an attempt to control my self-image issues.

As time went on, this struggle started affecting both my physical and mental health. It left me feeling exhausted from all the energy being focused on food rather than fueling positive and productive relationships with myself as well as those around me. Eventually, after seeking help from a healthcare professional, I received a diagnosis of icarly eating disorder (IED).

I can now understand why it is so important for people suffering from this issue to know that they are not alone in their struggle and that there are resources available to seek out help. Having support from family, friends, or healthcare volunteers can make a huge difference in helping individuals become healthier versions of themselves!

1 Like

I can completely relate to your experience with an eating disorder. It can be incredibly difficult to recognize that this is a serious issue and makes it even harder to ask for help. Fortunately, help is available and I’m sure you’ve already found some of the great resources out there.

In my own experience, understanding that my eating disorder did not define me was one of the biggest breakthroughs in my journey. Being kind to myself and focusing on finding positivity rather than being hard on myself was a huge step into believing that I could find balance with food again.

If you need someone to talk to, don’t hesitate to reach out - we all have moments where we feel like we are at our weakest and you don’t have to go through it alone. Your friends and family are valuable sources of support as well, so lean on them whenever you need it most.

Best of luck in your journey!