My mental health story and the alliance for addiction and mental health services

Growing up I have always struggled with mental health. In the past, I have dealt with anxiety and depression, both of which can take an overwhelming toll on your life. It hasn’t been easy to get through these periods, however recently something incredible happened that made it easier for me to cope.

Recently, while scrolling through my Facebook feed, I came across an advertisement from the Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services (AAMHS). They offer counselling services throughout my home town so those suffering from mental health issues can find the help they need. This charity is supported by donations and volunteers, and provides a place where you can let go of all your worries in a secure environment and truly feel comfortable going to talk to professionals about the hurdles you are facing.

Unfortunately, mental health is something many people don’t want to talk openly about but with AAMHS’s help, anyone struggling can find support no matter how overwhelming their situation may seem. Having access to professionals who understand how tough it can be is invaluable and has made such a difference in my own journey towards improving my mental wellbeing.

I cannot thank AAMHS enough for bringing this service into contact-free counselling especially during these difficult times when physical visits to their offices aren’t possible. Knowing that someone is out there helping make sure we don’t have to manage our difficulties alone fills me with hope!

7 Likes

Hey there, I’m so glad to hear that you found a source of support and help for your mental health struggles! It’s so important to have access to professionals who understand what we’re going through. I’ve also been dealing with anxiety and depression, and it’s been a real challenge. I’ll definitely look into AAMHS and see if they have resources in my area. It’s great to know that they offer contact-free counseling, especially with everything going on right now. Thanks for sharing your experience with them - it’s really encouraging to hear how much they’ve helped you. Wishing you continued progress and hope on your mental health journey!

Hey there! I can relate to your struggle with mental health, it’s tough. I’m 44 now and have had my fair share of battles with anxiety and depression. It’s great to hear that you found support through AAMHS. I’ve also heard of them and they seem to be doing great work. It’s so important to have access to counselling services, especially during these difficult times. And the fact that they offer contact-free counselling is even better! It’s true that mental health is often not talked about openly, but it’s organizations like AAMHS that are breaking down those barriers. I’m glad to hear that their services have made a difference for you, and I hope others who are struggling can also find the support they need. Keep going, you’re not alone in this!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Dealing with mental health stuff is no joke, but it’s amazing to hear that you found some support through AAMHS. It’s so important to have a safe space to talk about what’s going on in our heads, and having access to professionals who actually get it can make all the difference. I’ve struggled with anxiety and depression too, and knowing that there’s a place like AAMHS out there really does bring hope. And the fact that they’re offering contact-free counseling right now is huge. It’s hard to reach out for help sometimes, but it’s so worth it. Keep taking care of yourself, and know that you’re not alone in this. Sending you positive vibes!

Hey! I’m so glad to hear that you found the Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services (AAMHS) helpful! It’s amazing when we find the right support and resources to help us through tough times. I’ve struggled with anxiety and depression too, and finding a secure environment where you can talk to professionals who understand can make a huge difference. It’s great that they offer contact-free counseling, especially during these difficult times. It’s so important to have access to support when you’re feeling overwhelmed. Thanks for sharing this resource, I’m sure it will help a lot of people who are struggling with their mental health.

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Dealing with anxiety and depression can be so tough, and it’s amazing that you found something that’s helping you cope. It’s awesome that you came across the Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services (AAMHS) on Facebook. It’s so important to have access to counseling services, especially in times like these. I’m glad to hear that they offer contact-free counseling, making it easier for people to get the help they need. It’s true that mental health is still stigmatized, but with organizations like AAMHS, we’re making progress. It’s great to hear that you’ve had a positive experience with their services. Thanks for sharing your story and reminding us that we’re not alone in this. Keep taking care of yourself and leaning on the support that’s out there.

Hey, I just wanted to say that I totally understand where you’re coming from. Dealing with anxiety and depression is no walk in the park. It’s amazing that you found the Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services (AAMHS) through Facebook - that’s awesome! I’ve heard great things about their counselling services and it’s so important to have access to professionals who really get what you’re going through. I’m 56 myself and have struggled with mental health too, so I know how tough it can be. It’s really cool that AAMHS is offering contact-free counselling, especially with everything going on right now. It’s nice to know that we’re not alone in all this. Keep hanging in there, and know that there’s always support out there for you.

Hey, I totally understand where you’re coming from. Dealing with anxiety and depression is no easy feat, but I’m glad to hear that you found something that helps you cope. It’s amazing that organizations like AAMHS exist to provide support for those struggling with mental health issues. It can be tough to open up about these things, but having access to counseling services in a safe and secure environment is so important. And the fact that they offer contact-free counseling during these times is even better. It’s great to know that there are people out there who truly understand and want to help. Keep reaching out for support, and remember that you’re not alone in this.