My mental health journey: two diagnoses f31.2

I’ve been living with mental health issues for many years now, and it’s been a challenging road. Just last year I received two diagnoses that explained many of the struggles I had been facing: F31.2 (Bipolar 1 Disorder, Manic Episode). The news was a little overwhelming at first, but it also gave me an understanding of why I had been feeling the way that I was.

Through my experiences, I have found ways to cope and strategies to help me manage the episodes. It is hard work and requires dedication and commitment even on the days when life feels especially difficult. Learning about self-care and taking care of my emotional wellbeing has helped me immensely on this journey so far.

I have also come to realize how important it is to lean on other people for support during tough times or whenever things get tough. Having a solid support system of family and friends helps keep me grounded when anxiety arises. It’s nice to know that people are there when you need them most!

The journey isn’t always easy but I’m learning to be kinder to myself each day. As long as I keep making progress in learning how to manage these episodes, I’m doing my best and that’s all that matters at the end of the day.