My mental health journey - my story

When I look back on it now, I can’t believe how long and difficult my mental health journey has been. For years, I was convinced that something was wrong with me - I felt anxious all the time and had a hard time sleeping at night. Despite going to therapy, nothing seemed to help.

I eventually decided to do some research into mental health on my own and discovered something called cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT changed my life – it taught me techniques that helped me learn how to effectively manage stress in my day-to-day life. Through regular practice, I was able to become more mindful of my thoughts and feelings, which has allowed me to better regulate my emotions.

It hasn’t been easy – working through difficult emotions is never easy – but thanks to CBT I am finally able to feel at peace with myself again. At times, it still feels like there’s an invisible battle raging inside of me but having the right tools helps a lot. It’s taken several years of dedication and hard work but finally my mental health is improving, and I’m grateful for all that I’ve achieved so far!