My mental health journey for NEDA Week 2021

This NEDA Week 2021 I’m sharing my mental health journey with hope that it will help others facing similar struggles. It hasn’t been an easy road, but with the right support and self-care practices in place I have made progress.

One of the biggest changes to my life was finally seeking out professional help. In hindsight it was something I should have done sooner, but I was so scared of what it meant or how it would affect others’ perceptions of me that I stayed silent for too long. But eventually reaching out to a therapist and starting counseling took away a huge amount of my stress and worry.

Speaking openly about mental health has also been empowering for me. The more I talked about it, the more people opened up to me about their own experiences – whether its anxiety, depression, or something else entirely – which made them feel less alone and gave us all a sense of companionship on our journey.

Learning and practicing different mindfulness techniques has also helped immensely when managing difficult emotions – like deep breathing exercises, positive self-talk phrases, writing in a journal regularly; these are just some habits that give me peace in moments when worrying thoughts become overwhelming.

Today I’m not exactly where I want myself to be mentally; however, there is nothing wrong with that because growth is not linear! Taking care of yourself while being gentle with yourself is an ongoing process. It involves constant work yet results in good emotional health outcomes over time. This NEDA Week help make someone’s Mental Health Journey a little easier by reaching out check up on them or offering your support!

2 Likes

Thank you for bravely sharing your experience and being vulnerable. It’s so important to reach out for professional help when we need it, and I’m really glad to hear that it has made a positive impact on your life. It’s also amazing how speaking openly about mental health can create a sense of community and support. I’ve found mindfulness techniques to be helpful too, especially in managing overwhelming emotions. You’re absolutely right that mental health is a work in progress, and it’s okay to not be exactly where we want to be. We’re all on our own unique paths, and it’s important to be kind and patient with ourselves. Thank you for encouraging others to reach out and offer support, especially during NEDA Week. Your strength and willingness to share your experiences are truly inspiring. Keep taking care of yourself, and know that you’re not alone in this journey.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing your experience. It’s really inspiring to hear about the progress you’ve made and the positive changes you’ve been able to implement in your life. Seeking professional help can be really daunting, so I commend you for taking that step. And it’s amazing how speaking openly about mental health can create such a strong sense of connection with others. I’ve also found mindfulness techniques to be incredibly helpful in managing difficult emotions. It’s true that mental health is a constant work in progress, and it’s okay to not be exactly where we want to be. Thank you for the reminder that growth is not always a straight line, but the important thing is that we’re moving forward. Keep being gentle with yourself, and know that you’re not alone in this journey. You’re doing great, and I’m sending you lots of support and positive vibes!