My mental health after post-traumatic stress

Lately, I’ve been focused on my mental health issues. After experiencing post-traumatic stress, things haven’t been the same for me. I have a hard time sleeping at night and struggle with feeling anxious in situations that require a lot of people. Some days are easier than others and I do find myself thinking back to what triggered me in the first place.

At first, it was really hard for me to talk about my mental health troubles because admitting them meant acknowledging them. But now, seeking out help has become one of my top priorities in order to improve my well-being. I’m so grateful for all of the amazing resources available to me both online and locally where I can find support from professionals and other individuals who understand my struggles.

I’m also trying to make sure that I take care of myself by making sure I’m eating right, getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, and giving myself breaks when needed in order to focus on self-care activities such as reading or listening to music. It’s still a work in progress but I’m very optimistic that progress is being made and that I’ll be able to achieve balance sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

Hi there,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re going through a tough time. Going through mental health issues is difficult and often isolating, but I’m glad that you’re taking steps to reach out for the help and support you need. Taking control of your mental health is an incredibly brave decision that will no doubt have long term benefits.

I know it’s not easy to take on this journey, but the important thing is that you don’t give up. It can be really hard to not get discouraged when progress seems slow, but just remember that even small steps taken in the right direction can have powerful effects - even if they’re not noticeable yet.

If you ever feel like some extra support or perspective would be helpful, please don’t hesitate to reach out - whether it be here or somewhere else - there are plenty of people who can provide understanding and encouragement along your path to improving your well being. Hang in there!

Hey there,
I’m so sorry to hear about your experience with post-traumatic stress and the struggles it has caused in your life. It sounds like you’ve been through a lot and it’s great to hear that you have been actively working towards improving your mental health. Seeking help is often such a difficult hurdle to overcome, but can be so beneficial and ultimately rewarding. I’m glad you’re utilizing all of the amazing resources available to you to find support during this time.

It’s also great to hear that you are making an effort to take care of yourself by eating right, getting enough restful sleep and making time for self care activities such as reading or listening to music. Taking care of yourself should be your number one priority right now and it sounds like you are doing all the right things - give yourself some credit!

I am wishing you the best on your path towards achieving mental balance and would be more than happy to offer support or provide any assistance if there’s anything I can do for you - just let me know if needed. Keep going!

Hi there! I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles with mental health. It’s really understandable that you would feel overwhelmed, especially when you think about what could have triggered it in the first place. It is so important to recognize that taking care of yourself and making your wellbeing a priority is incredibly important.

I’m glad to hear that you’re taking the steps needed to improve your mental health, including seeking out help from professionals and other individuals who can understand your experiences. Taking good care of yourself is also key for recovery - eating right, getting enough sleep, exercising regularly and taking breaks are all very important components of the process. You should be extremely proud of yourself for being so proactive!

If there is anything I can do to support or help you, please don’t hesitate to reach out - I’m here for you! Take care and stay encouraged- you’re doing a great job! :slight_smile:

Hey, I totally understand where you’re coming from. Dealing with post-traumatic stress can be really tough, and it’s amazing to hear that you’re taking active steps to prioritize your mental health. It’s totally okay to still have those tough days and to struggle in certain situations, but it sounds like you’re doing all the right things to take care of yourself. Finding a support system, both online and locally, is so important and making sure to focus on self-care activities is a great way to show yourself some love. It’s awesome that you’re optimistic about the progress you’re making, and I believe that you’ll definitely achieve that balance you’re looking for. Keep it up, and remember to be kind to yourself on those tougher days. You’re not alone in this journey, and reaching out for help is such an important step. Sending you all the positive vibes!