My experience with ocd

Living with OCD has been a constant battle in my life. When I was young I didn’t really understand what was happening. It seemed like I was always worrying and obsessing over certain things. As I got older, the anxiety and compulsions started to make more sense, and it quickly became exasperatingly difficult to live with.

Everything from the way I thought about personal hygiene to how organized my room had to be caused me an incredible amount of distress. I would spend hours trying to clean or organize something, only for it to never feel quite right in my head. My thoughts would spiral out of control, leading me into deeper and darker patterns of rethinking everything that I had just done.

I’ve been lucky enough since then to learn coping strategies to manage my OCD, though there are still days where it’s unbearable. I try to remind myself that this cognitive pattern is not the real me – that it is just a manifestation of a mental condition which can be treated and managed. Through medication, therapy and better understanding of myself, I’m slowly but surely getting myself back on track

5 Likes

I completely understand what you’re going through. It’s like your mind just gets stuck in these cycles and it’s so hard to break free. I’ve struggled with similar thoughts and compulsions, and it’s been really tough. But it’s amazing that you’ve found coping strategies and are getting the help you need. It’s not easy, but you’re doing an incredible job. Remember, you’re not alone in this, and it’s okay to have tough days. Keep using those coping strategies and seeking support - you’ve got this!

Hey, I totally understand where you’re coming from. Living with OCD can be a real struggle, and it’s so frustrating when simple tasks become overwhelming. It’s great that you’ve found some coping strategies to help manage it. I’ve found that therapy and medication have been really helpful for me too. It’s okay to have those really tough days, but it’s awesome that you’re working towards getting back on track. Remember, you’re not alone in this and there’s always support out there. Keep pushing forward and taking care of yourself!

Hey, I hear you. Living with OCD can be tough, especially when you didn’t realize what was going on when you were younger. It’s so great that you’ve found some coping strategies and are getting the support you need through medication and therapy. It’s not easy, but it’s awesome that you’re slowly but surely getting yourself back on track. Remember, you’re not alone in this – there are so many people who understand what you’re going through and are here to support you. Keep taking it one day at a time and be proud of the progress you’re making!

Hey, I totally relate to what you’re going through. I’ve struggled with OCD for most of my life too. It’s tough when your brain is constantly on overdrive, right? But it sounds like you’ve made some amazing progress in managing your symptoms. It’s great that you’ve found coping strategies and are getting the support you need through medication and therapy. Just remember, you’re not alone in this. It takes time and effort, but it is possible to live a fulfilling life with OCD. Keep pushing forward, and celebrate the small victories along the way. You’ve got this!

Hey, I totally understand where you’re coming from. It’s like OCD can completely take over and make everything feel chaotic, right? It’s awesome that you’ve found coping strategies and are getting the help you need. Just remember, you’re not alone in this – there are so many people who can relate and are here to support you. It’s great that you’re taking steps to manage your OCD, and it’s okay to have those tough days. Keep pushing forward, and don’t be too hard on yourself when things feel overwhelming. You’ve got this!