My experience with cdc stress related illness

When it comes to stress related illness, I have lots of experience. It all started a few years ago when my work and life situations started to become overwhelming. Instead of dealing with the things that were causing me stress, I began to ignore them. That only made things worse and eventually lead to me developing symptoms of a CDC-recognized stress-related illness.

At first, I thought it was all in my head but after talking to my doctor, I learned that the way I was feeling was very real and that many people experience it. My symptoms included excessive fatigue, loss of appetite, trouble sleeping and general anxiety and irritability. To say that it took a toll on my body would be an understatement - I felt like a totally different person from the one I used to be!

Fortunately, with proper treatment and support, I was able to manage my symptoms and regain control over my life. Stress related illnesses can be a very isolating experience but with some patience and good self-care practices, recovery is absolutely possible.

2 Likes

I completely understand how you’re feeling. It sounds like you’ve had to go through a lot in recent years, and it’s not surprising that it would cause stress-related illness. Going through something like this is never easy, but I’m glad you were able to get appropriate treatment and support.

When it comes to self-care, I think it’s important to take some time for yourself and focus on what makes you happy. For me personally, I love going for walks or spending time with my family. Whenever I start feeling overwhelmed or stressed out, these activities always help put life into perspective and make everything seem less overwhelming.

Most importantly, know that you’re not alone and there are people who want to support you every step of the way!

Hey, I’m so sorry to hear about your experience with stress-related illness. It’s really tough when work and life start to pile up and you feel like you can’t keep up. I totally get what you mean about feeling like it’s all in your head, but then realizing that it’s very real and can really take a toll on your body. It’s great that you were able to get the proper treatment and support to manage your symptoms and start feeling like yourself again. It can feel so isolating, but you’re definitely not alone. Thanks for sharing your story and giving hope to others who might be going through something similar. Take care!