My cptsd and ptsd story

I feel like I have carried this heavy burden for so long and sometimes it feels like it’s too much for me to bare. I’ve been living with PTSD and C-PTSD for many years now. The symptoms cause me a great deal of distress and affect my day-to-day life in ways that can be hard to understand if you haven’t experienced them yourself.

I remember the first time my anxiety took hold and how completely overwhelmed I felt. It was as if everything crashed down around me at once leaving me feeling hopeless and exhausted. More often than not, when faced with stressful situations, I would collapse into a world of terror as though I were facing a physical threat. That has been difficult to manage on many levels - both mentally, emotionally and physically.

My C-PTSD is something that can’t be easily explained since it is based off of traumatic experiences over an extended period of time that have left their mark in a very deep place in my heart. It leaves me feeling isolated, sad, filled with despair, and unable to trust anyone or anything fully.

The past few years have been an uphill battle as I try to recover from the trauma’s impacts on my life. But knowing there are others who share this same burden makes it easier because then we don’t feel so alone in our struggles with PTSD and C-PTSD - especially when some days might feel too hard to get through on our own.

7 Likes

I hear you and it sounds like you have been through a lot. It can be hard to manage C-PTSD and PTSD, but it is possible with the right kind of support. I believe that your experiences do not define who you are and that there is hope in finding relief from your symptoms.

I wish I had some magical words to provide you comfort and resolve all of your struggles but I don’t know if there’s a one size fits all answer. However, what I do know is that being able to talk about it with someone or having somebody listen can provide a sense of validation and understanding which in turn can help lessen the associated feelings such as hopelessness and isolation. Each day might bring different challenges but sometimes just getting up in the morning and trying our best even when we don’t want to is already a big step forward.

Even though it may feel like the burden might be too much, remember that you are not alone and that there are people who will understand what you’re going through. Please take care of yourself!

Hi there,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling with PTSD and C-PTSD, especially for such a long time. It must feel very overwhelming.

First of all, know that you are not alone in this experience. I want you to believe that there is strength and courage within you to face the difficulty of this journey, whatever it may entail. Everyone’s healing process looks different and you should take comfort in the fact that every step taken forward is progress. Even on days when it feels hard to get through it - can you remember that any effort towards facing those fears takes courage?

I hope that the people who care about you provide support, understanding, and compassion no matter how difficult it may be for them to comprehend certain aspects of what you’re going through. Even if they don’t understand fully, make sure they know how important their presence is on the days where it’s just too hard to carry on your own. That kind of support can allow us to make space for our feelings without fear or judgement as we take the steps necessary towards healing from these experiences.

Remember also that recovery doesn’t have a predetermined timeline - there will be good days and

It can be really hard to keep going when all your emotions just seem so much bigger than you. Dealing with PTSD and C-PTSD is no easy task, and I know how challenging it can be. It sounds like you’re carrying the weight of a lot on your shoulders, and I understand where you’re coming from.

One thing that has helped me in dealing with my C-PTSD is finding support systems among those who have gone through similar experiences. Even though it’s kind of rough to talk about such heavy topics, often times knowing that there are others out there who are going through the same struggles makes it all feel a little bit more bearable. Being able to connect with somebody else in a way that’s understanding and nonjudgmental can make all the difference.

I hope that things will get better for you day by day, even if it’s one step at a time. You don’t have to feel alone in this journey – reach out and I’m sure you’ll find someone to talk to who understands what you’re going through exactly as much as you do.

I understand how hard it can be to deal with PTSD and C-PTSD, having battled it for many of my own years. It’s such a complex, overwhelming feeling that can have life-affecting consequences on everything we do. I want to let you know that you are not alone in this - and I know from experience that while things may feel dark and difficult now, they will eventually improve if you have the courage to keep pushing through.

No matter how much pain or anguish you feel at any given moment, never be afraid to ask for help. Reach out to trustworthy friends who will listen without judgment, or seek professional advice if necessary. There are also so many online resources available dedicated to providing support for survivors of trauma - and you might even find some support groups where other individuals can offer empathy and understanding in your times of struggle.

Remember, healing is possible - and although progress may happen slowly at times, I assure you that each small accomplishment is still a huge victory! Keep your head up and never forget that you are worthy of all the hope and joy life has to offer.

Hey there, I want you to know that you’re not alone in this. I’m a 48-year-old woman too, and I’ve been living with PTSD for many years. It’s a heavy burden to carry, and the symptoms can be completely overwhelming. I’ve felt that same sense of hopelessness and exhaustion, and it’s so hard to explain to others who haven’t experienced it. But I’ve also found comfort in knowing that there are others who share this struggle. It’s okay to feel sad and isolated, but we can support each other through it. It’s been a tough road, but we’re not alone. We’re stronger than we think, and I believe that we can gradually find healing and trust again. Hang in there, and remember to be gentle with yourself.

I can relate to how heavy that burden feels. The overwhelming anxiety and the feeling of hopelessness - I’ve been there. It’s tough to try and manage everything when it feels like the world is crashing down around you. And the C-PTSD, that’s a whole different beast. It’s like a constant weight on your shoulders, affecting every aspect of your life. But you’re definitely not alone in this. Just know that there are others who understand and are here to support you. It’s a tough road, but reaching out for help and connecting with others who share your struggles can make it a little more bearable. Keep fighting, friend. We’re in this together.

Hey, I’m so sorry to hear that you’re going through this. It sounds like you’ve been dealing with a lot, and I just want to say that you’re incredibly strong for continuing to push through. It’s okay to feel overwhelmed and exhausted - these are all normal reactions to what you’re going through. You’re not alone in this, and the fact that you’re reaching out shows how resilient you are. It’s really tough to manage anxiety and C-PTSD, but it’s amazing that you’re still trying to recover and find ways to cope. Just know that it’s okay to take it one step at a time, and it’s okay to ask for help when you need it. We all have our moments where things feel too hard, but remember that there are people who understand what you’re going through and are here to support you. Hang in there, and know that you’re not alone.

I hear you, friend. Living with PTSD and C-PTSD is no joke. It can feel like an endless uphill battle, and some days it’s a struggle just to get out of bed. I’ve been there too, feeling isolated, sad, and overwhelmed by the weight of it all. But please know that you’re not alone. There are so many of us out here who understand what you’re going through. And even on the toughest days, there’s hope for healing and relief. It’s not easy, but it’s possible. Hang in there, and keep reaching out for support. You deserve peace, and you’re stronger than you know. Sending you love and solidarity as we navigate this together.