My battle with severe obsessive thoughts

The last few months have been an absolute roller coaster. I’ve been dealing with an onslaught of severely obsessive thoughts that have left me feeling completely overwhelmed and incapacitated at times. The intrusive, repetitive, and seemingly uncontrollable thoughts are always there- lurking in the background- taking up space in my mind that doesn’t belong to them.

I guess my struggles started shortly after a traumatic event in my life, though the depths of this level of anxiety are new to me. It feels like these obsessive thoughts have taken over every aspect of my life and it has become increasingly difficult to stay focused on tasks or find peace within myself. Even during moments of bliss, they still manage to find their way back into my mind- begging for attention and draining all hopefulness from within me.

I know how debilitating this battle can be but I am determined not to let it win. Instead of listening to the negative noise playing in my head, I’m trying to bring a sense of understanding and wisdom back into the picture. With patience and kindness towards myself- as well as the courage needed to take one day at a time- I hope I can slowly move past fear and back into living a creative and confident life.

3 Likes

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. It’s like these intrusive thoughts just won’t give us a break, right? It’s amazing that you’re determined not to let it win, and I think bringing understanding and wisdom into the picture is a great approach. It’s not easy, but being patient and kind to ourselves is crucial. And taking it one day at a time is all we can do, really. Hang in there, and remember that you’re not alone in this. We’re all here to support each other, and I believe that with courage and resilience, we can definitely move past the fear and get back to living a fulfilling and confident life. Keep pushing through, you’ve got this!

I’m so sorry to hear about the struggles you’ve been facing. It sounds like you’re going through a really tough time, and it’s completely understandable to feel overwhelmed by obsessive thoughts. It takes a lot of strength and courage to confront these challenges, and I admire your determination not to let them win. It’s great that you’re trying to bring understanding and wisdom back into the picture, and I truly believe that with patience, kindness towards yourself, and taking things one day at a time, you can find your way back to a place of peace and confidence. You’re not alone in this, and I’m here to offer support and understanding as you navigate through this difficult time. Hang in there, and remember to be gentle with yourself.

Hey there, I want to start off by saying that I completely understand what you’re going through. Dealing with obsessive thoughts can be incredibly tough, especially after a traumatic event. It’s really brave of you to share your experience and to keep fighting against those intrusive thoughts. I’ve found that practicing mindfulness and self-compassion can be helpful in managing overwhelming thoughts. It’s not easy, but taking baby steps and giving yourself grace is so important. Have you considered talking to a therapist or counselor about what you’re going through? Sometimes having a professional to talk to can make a big difference. Just remember, you’re not alone in this and you are stronger than you think. Keep pushing through, and know that there are people who care about you and want to see you find peace. You’ve got this.