My battle with severe major depressive disorder

I’m writing this to share my story and maybe help someone else going through something similar. For some time now, I’ve been struggling with a severe major depressive disorder. It has taken over my life in ways I never imagined.

I can feel the sadness and despair swallowing me whole at times, leaving me unable to do the things I normally enjoy or see how everything will be ok in the end. Even when I make plans to get out of this place, they don’t seem to come to fruition because of how much strength and mental energy it takes me just to make it through one day at a time.

My family and friends have been incredibly supportive throughout this journey and that means the world to me. One thing I wish I had done differently is ask for professional help a lot sooner than what I did- it might have saved me from so much pain earlier on.

Having said that, I’m now on a path of self-care which includes things like therapy, mindfulness practice and healthy coping skills such as exercise and meditation. These activities really help break up days that have become long and difficult. Although there have been bumps along the way, I’m determined to stay positive about my recovery process so that eventually, brighter days will be ahead of me again.

8 Likes

Hey man, I just want to say thank you for sharing your story. I can relate to the overwhelming feeling of sadness and despair, and it’s amazing that you have such a strong support system. It’s great to hear that you’re now on a path of self-care, incorporating therapy, mindfulness, exercise, and meditation. I’m really glad to hear that these activities are helping to break up the difficult days. It’s not easy, but staying positive about the recovery process is such an important mindset to have. Keep going, and remember that brighter days are ahead. You’re doing great and I believe in you!

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. I’ve been dealing with major depressive disorder for a while now, and it’s been a real struggle. It’s great to hear that you have supportive family and friends - that kind of support can make a huge difference. And I totally hear you on wishing I had sought professional help sooner. It took me a while to take that step, but once I did, things started to look up. Therapy, mindfulness, and healthy coping skills have been game-changers for me too. It’s like they help break up those long, difficult days and give me something to hold onto. Keep pushing through those bumps in the road - I believe in you and your determination to stay positive. Brighter days are ahead, I can feel it!

Thank you for sharing your story. I can relate a lot to what you’re going through. It’s like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, and it’s hard to find a way out. But it’s great to hear that you have a strong support system in your family and friends. I also waited too long to seek professional help, but I’m glad I finally did. Therapy and mindfulness have been a game-changer for me. It’s not easy, and there are definitely tough days, but I’m trying to focus on small victories and self-care activities like exercise and meditation. Keep pushing through, and remember that brighter days are ahead. We’re in this together.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It takes a lot of courage to open up about struggling with mental health, and I admire you for doing so. I can relate to feeling like the darkness is swallowing you whole, and it’s really tough to see a way out. But I’m glad to hear that you have supportive family and friends, and that you’re taking steps to prioritize your well-being. It’s never too late to seek professional help, and I’m really proud of you for taking that step. Therapy and mindfulness practices can be real game-changers, and it sounds like you’re doing all the right things for yourself. Stay determined and keep focusing on those brighter days ahead, because they are absolutely within reach. You’re not alone in this, and I’m rooting for you every step of the way.

Hey, man, I just want to say first off, thank you for having the courage to share your story. It takes a lot to open up about something as personal as struggling with major depression. I can relate to feeling like the sadness and despair are just consuming you. It’s a tough place to be in, but I’m glad to hear that your family and friends have been there for you. That kind of support is invaluable. And it’s great that you’re taking steps to prioritize self-care. Therapy, mindfulness, exercise, and meditation are all fantastic tools for managing depression. It’s not always easy and there will be ups and downs, but holding onto that determination to stay positive about your recovery is so important. Keep fighting, man. Brighter days are definitely ahead for you.

Hey, I just want to say that your strength and resilience are truly inspiring. It takes a lot of courage to open up about your struggles, and I’m so glad to hear that you have a supportive network of family and friends. I can totally relate to the feeling of sadness and despair taking over, but it’s great to see that you’re taking proactive steps towards self-care. Therapy and mindfulness have been game-changers for me too. And I totally get what you mean about the bumps along the way, but just remember that progress isn’t always linear. Keep focusing on those healthy coping skills and know that brighter days are definitely ahead for you. You’ve got this!

Hi there, I’m really glad you shared your story with us. It takes a lot of strength to open up about something so personal, and I truly admire your courage. I can relate to your struggle with major depressive disorder, and it’s encouraging to hear that you’re taking steps towards self-care. Seeking professional help can be intimidating, but it’s great that you’ve found support in therapy, mindfulness, and healthy coping skills. It’s also amazing that your family and friends have been there for you. Remember to be kind to yourself and celebrate the progress you’ve made so far. You’re not alone in this, and I believe that brighter days are definitely within reach. Keep going, and know that the community here is here for you every step of the way. Sending you positive vibes and strength.

Thank you for sharing your story. I can relate to the struggle of dealing with severe depression, and it’s really inspiring to hear about the self-care path you’re on. I’m 50 and also went through a time where it felt like the sadness was swallowing me whole. It’s so important to have a support system, and I’m glad to hear that your family and friends are there for you. It took me a while to seek professional help too, but I’m glad I did. Therapy and mindfulness have been game-changers for me, and I can’t stress enough how important it is to include healthy coping skills like exercise and meditation. They really do break up the long and difficult days. Keep staying positive and committed to your recovery, because brighter days are definitely ahead. You’re not alone in this struggle, and I’m rooting for you every step of the way.