My battle with severe depression

I have been struggling with severe depression for a while now. It’s something that I can’t seem to shake, and there are days when it feels like an immense challenge just to get out of bed.

I am so tired all the time. Even when I am awake, I feel like I am in this endless fog, and it’s hard to focus or be productive in anything. Many days, even taking care of my basic self-care needs seems like too much.

At times I’m filled with overwhelming sadness and grief over my current situation in life. Other moments bear heavy feelings of hopelessness and helplessness that leave me feeling stuck, unable to make any changes that will improve my conditions.

When I try to express my thoughts or emotions, unhelpful and harsh judgement from people around me only increases my feelings of emptiness and loneliness.

This battle with depression has been hard for me emotionally and mentally, but I keep striving every day towards finding more effective treatments that will help me get back to being myself again eventually.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I hear you. I’m 45 and the struggle with depression has not been easy for me either. I know what it’s like to have moments when it feels almost impossible to get out of bed each morning and difficult to take care of your basic needs. Those feelings of sadness, grief, helplessness and loneliness can be so overwhelming at times.

I understand how judgement from people in our lives can make you feel misunderstood or worse and that it adds more pressure to the situation. But despite all those things, having hope can help us stay strong and keep up the fight.

I want you to know that you’re not alone; there are resources out there that may help you find relief from the symptoms of depression, treatments that could make a real difference in your life. You don’t have to go through this alone; reach out for help if you need it.

Take care of yourself as best you can; even small steps forward every day add up over time - eventually as you keep pushing on, things will start looking brighter again one step at a time. Wishing you much strength today and onward!

Hey, I hear you and I can relate. I’ve also been struggling with depression and it can feel incredibly lonely and overwhelming. It’s exhausting and demotivating to battle with those feelings every day. It’s tough when people around us don’t understand and their judgment only adds to our pain. But I want you to know that you’re not alone in this. We’re in this together, and I’m proud of you for seeking help and trying to find better treatments. It takes a lot of strength and courage to keep pushing forward when everything feels so heavy. Hang in there, and keep reaching out for support. We’ll get through this. Sending you lots of love and positive vibes.