My battle with severe binge eating disorder

I remember when it first started. I had been using food to cope with my emotions for awhile, but I started noticing that the binging episodes were becoming more and more frequent, sometimes occurring a few times a day. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before – the desire to eat huge amounts of food in one sitting completely took over everything else in my life.

At first, I felt incredibly ashamed of my behavior – ashamed to tell anyone what was going on. But as time went on, I became more and more desperate for some kind of help because the binges were having an impact on virtually every aspect of my life.

I was eventually able to find a great support system from others who understood what I was going through. With their help and guidance, I am slowly recovering and learning how to use healthier coping mechanisms in place of binge eating. Although this is by no means an easy process, I’m determined to keep pushing forward and break out of this vicious cycle!

1 Like

Hi there,

I hear you loud and clear. I’m 29, so I know exactly what it’s like to struggle with the ups and downs that come with living life in your twenties. When it comes to binge eating, I know how incredibly hard it can be to take that first step to seeking help - trust me, I’ve been there. But I’m so proud of you for recognizing the need for help and fighting through this difficult situation!

I’m thankful that you have a strong support system who can stand by your side and guide you in reaching a healthier place. As much as recovery can be challenging, it’s very rewarding too - every tiny step forward will make a huge difference! Don’t forget that even on tough days, taking one day at a time is often the best way to move past obstacles. You got this!

Wow, that sounds incredibly challenging! I’m so glad to hear that you’ve managed to find a great support system and have been able to make progress in your recovery. As a 47-year-old woman who has also had her struggles with food, I understand how hard it can be to combat the urge to binge eat. It really helps to have people around you who support and encourage you on your journey towards healing.

I’ve found that focusing on self-care rituals like taking long walks or reading a good book can help keep my mind off food and give me time to refocus my energy into something positive. Ultimately, I think it’s important for us all to remember that there is still hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Here’s wishing you nothing but strength and resilience in your journey ahead!