My battle with over obsessive mental health

For a long time now, I have been struggling with my mental health. It’s been a real battle to overcome the overwhelming, overwhelming fear that I attach to certain tasks and habits.

It started about 10 years ago when I began over-thinking every decision I made; constantly worrying about how others would view me if I weren’t perfect in everything I did. It quickly spun out of control and soon consumed my life with paralyzing perfectionism and obsessive behavior. Everything from what I ate, to what task I was working on, to even how clean & tidy my house was demanded an excessive amount of attention from me.

I realized this was not healthy for myself or anyone around me, so gradually over the years, with a lot of help from my close friends & family as well as professional support, I’ve been able to make some progress towards becoming more mindful and aware of these destructive behaviors while also finding ways that allow me to manage them.

Nowadays it is still difficult but it is within reach – trying to find the balance between peace of mind and obsessing about things that don’t matter in the grand scheme of life.

The key thing for me has been learning not to be too hard on myself - often times fear is our most powerful enemy and can keep us feeling stuck where we’re at - but by understanding that it’s okay not to be perfect all the time has allowed me make strides forward towards creating a better lifestyle for myself.