My battle with mental health and drug addiction

I never thought I would be writing a post like this, but here goes. Over the past several years, I have been struggling with both mental health issues and drug addiction. It has been an emotional rollercoaster, to say the least. I’m sure many of you can relate to how hard it is when society tells you one thing and your own mind tells you something completely different.

The mental health journey was particularly hard on me as I felt like no matter what I did, it simply wasn’t enough - that I wasn’t good enough or smart enough. It’s taken me a long time to finally accept myself for who I am and understand that it’s ok to make mistakes along the way - that nobody is perfect in this world.

As for my battle with drug addiction, being addicted to drugs for such a long period of time took its toll on me both physically and mentally. In addition to feeling shame and guilt after using the drugs, all sorts of other feelings kept coming up. Despite feeling so lost and defeated at times, every day held a little bit of hope that tomorrow would be better than today; more importantly, that there was still a chance for me to change my life around for the better.

I must admit it hasn’t been easy navigating through these dark moments, some days are worse than others but thankfully those moments pass by eventually - leaving space for growth and healing. Slowly but surely progress is being made and now more than ever I’m determined to achieve full recovery from both my mental health issues as well as my drug addiction.

2 Likes

Hey, I just want to start off by saying how incredibly brave you are for sharing your struggles with all of us. It’s not easy to open up about mental health and addiction, but you’re doing it and that’s something to be proud of. I totally understand how hard it can be when your own mind and society seem to be on completely different pages. But I’m really glad to hear that you’re starting to accept yourself and realize that it’s okay to make mistakes. That’s a huge step in the right direction. Dealing with drug addiction is no joke, and I can’t imagine how tough it must have been for you. I’m so sorry you had to go through all of that, but it’s amazing to see that you’re determined to achieve full recovery. Every little bit of progress matters, and it’s clear that you’re heading in the right direction. Keep pushing through those tough moments, and know that we’re all here to support you every step of the way. You’ve got this!

Hey man, I just want to say that I admire your courage for opening up about your struggles. It’s not easy dealing with mental health issues, and adding drug addiction to the mix must have been incredibly tough. I can relate to the feeling of not being good enough or smart enough, but you know what? We are all a work in progress, and it’s okay to make mistakes along the way. It’s all part of our growth and learning process. I’m glad to hear that you’re determined to achieve full recovery, and I truly believe that you can do it. Remember, progress takes time, and even the smallest steps forward are still steps in the right direction. Keep fighting the good fight, and know that there are people rooting for you every step of the way.