My battle with compulsive behaviors

I’ve been struggling with some compulsive behaviors as of late, and it’s been taking its toll on my mental and physical health. I used to be able to control these compulsions, but lately they’ve seemed to creep up on me like a wave crashing onto the beach.

I’m finding myself constantly ruminating on things that have happened in the past or worrying about things happening in the future. As a result, I’m overthinking every decision and feeling overwhelmed by even the smallest tasks. It’s hard for me to stay focused, especially when I know time is of the essence.

My impulsivity has gotten out of hand too; I’ll buy items that I don’t need simply because I’m bored or searching for instant gratification. The reckless spending only serves as a distraction from my worries instead of helping me cope with them in meaningful ways.

The worst part about all this is that I was doing so much better before this struggle started. I was becoming more confident in my decisions and was able to address any underlying anxieties without worrying too much afterwards. Now though, these compulsions are sucking away any progress I made in that regard…It’s hard not to get discouraged as a result.

I am determined to overcome this battle though; I’m taking it one day at a time and trying my best not to rely too heavily on any unhealthy coping mechanisms when times get tough. Every once in awhile, it can be okay so long as you don’t become dependent on them; it is possible to overcome any obstacle out there even if it seems daunting at times!