My battle with catatonic depression

I’ve been fighting against catatonic depression for a long time now. With its long periods of lethargy and feeling of disconnection from the world, I was not sure if I would ever find my way back. But, with plenty of patience, support, and dedication to bettering myself, I am continuously making progress in this challenging journey.

I have found that it is important to maintain a strict daily routine that includes plenty of self-care activities such as taking walks outside or even just enjoying a cup of tea by the window. These small steps have helped me tremendously in deescalating my symptoms when they inevitably come up again. Additionally, I am extremely grateful for the unwavering emotional support provided by friends and family throughout this road to recovery.

At times it can feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel but this is far from true. Everyone experiences down days now and then but it’s important to take things one day at a time and never give up on yourself!

1 Like

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience with catatonic depression. It takes a lot of strength and courage to keep pushing forward, especially when the world feels disconnected. Your dedication to self-care and creating a daily routine is truly inspiring. I can relate to the importance of those small steps towards feeling better. And having a strong support system is so crucial in times like this. I’m really happy to hear that you’re making progress and finding ways to deescalate the symptoms. It’s true that sometimes it feels like there’s no light at the end of the tunnel, but your story is a reminder to take things one day at a time and never give up. Keep taking care of yourself, and remember that you’re not alone in this. We’re all rooting for you.