My anxiety struggles: seeking support

I want to talk about something I’ve been experiencing lately, which is struggles with anxiety. A few months back, I started noticing it more than before and wondering why. After talking with a few close friends, seeking professional help, and doing research, I realized that anxiety can be a totally normal response to stress and life changes.

I feel like facing my anxiety is really hard sometimes because I’m used to keeping things bottled up inside me. It’s taken some time but I’ve made the decision recently that I need to talk openly about my feelings and be open to getting support from those who are willing to listen.

Sometimes it’s scary opening up about my anxieties - feeling vulnerable while sharing what I’m going through can seem nerve-wracking and intimidating. But the more I practice being honest with myself and the people around me, the easier it gets and the more comfortable this becomes.

It’s also really important for me to find healthy coping mechanisms when dealing with anxiety. That looks different for everyone, but so far includes things like deep breathing exercises, setting aside time for self-care activities each week, and talking through issues as they come up instead of letting them build up until it all becomes too much.

Though dealing with anxiety has been challenging at times, it’s also been an opportunity for personal growth - learning how to create space for myself in order to acknowledge my emotions before they become overwhelming is a journey that will take time but has already brought so much clarity into my life.

4 Likes

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Dealing with anxiety can be so tough, especially when you’re used to keeping everything bottled up inside. It’s great that you’ve been seeking professional help and talking to your friends about it. Opening up about your anxieties can definitely be scary and intimidating, but it’s also really brave of you to do so. I’ve found that finding healthy coping mechanisms has been super important for me too. Deep breathing exercises and self-care activities have been a game-changer. And you’re right, talking through issues as they come up is so much better than letting them build up. It’s great to hear that you’re finding some clarity and personal growth through this process. Keep at it, and remember that it’s okay to ask for help when you need it. You’re doing amazing!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Dealing with anxiety is no joke, and it’s awesome that you’re taking steps to address it. Opening up about your feelings can definitely be scary, but it’s so important for your mental well-being. I’ve found that talking to a therapist or counselor can be super helpful – they can give you tools and strategies for managing anxiety and help you work through the stuff that’s been building up. And finding healthy coping mechanisms like deep breathing and self-care activities is key. Keep up the good work and remember, it’s okay to ask for help when you need it. You’re doing great!

Hey, I totally hear you on that. Dealing with anxiety can be really tough, especially when you’re used to keeping things to yourself. I’ve found that opening up about my feelings and seeking support has been a game-changer. It’s scary at first, but the more I do it, the easier it gets. And you’re so right about finding healthy coping mechanisms - for me, deep breathing exercises and self-care time have been a huge help. It’s awesome that you’re already seeing the benefits of creating space for yourself and acknowledging your emotions. Keep at it, you’re doing great!

Hey, I totally understand where you’re coming from. Dealing with anxiety can be really tough, especially when you’re used to keeping things to yourself. It’s awesome that you’ve been taking steps to open up and seek support - that’s a huge deal and shows a lot of strength. And finding healthy coping mechanisms is super important too. I’ve been working on deep breathing exercises and making time for self-care too, and it’s made a big difference. It’s totally okay to feel vulnerable when opening up about anxiety, but the more you do it, the easier it gets. Keep doing what you’re doing and remember that it’s okay to take things one step at a time. You’re doing great and you’re not alone in this journey.