My anorexia and binging struggles

It’s been a long and difficult journey, but I’m ready to share my story. I’ve been struggling with anorexia and binge eating for most of my life.

At first, it all started out with little things—skipping breakfast or having a smaller than normal lunch—and after a while, these choices graduated into more drastic ones. My weight started to become an obsession. I would starve myself for days only to binge on unhealthy foods the next day. It was like I had no control over my own mind and body anymore.

Things became even worse when I was in high school and college —my eating disorder got so out of hand that it completely consumed me. The thoughts around food became overwhelming and the guilt after binging was too much to bear; every time I failed again at restricting my food intake, the cycle would intensify even further until it became unbearable.

Finally one day something shifted within me; I couldn’t keep going on like this any longer so I decided enough was enough and that no matter what, I was going to break this cycle of health destruction. It wasn’t easy —it still isn’t—but everyday gets easier as I continue to take small steps towards recovery. Slowly but surely, I’m learning how to replace maladaptive habits with healthy ones that nourish both my body and mind.

I’m still not perfect —far from it—but through slow progress, dedication, support from those closest to me, and some self-compassion thrown in there too, there’s nothing stopping me from conquering this beast once and for all!

1 Like

It sounds like you have been through a lot and it is commendable that you are wanting to make changes in your life. Your story has really resonated with me. I too struggled with anorexia and binge eating when I was younger, so I understand how hard it can be to break the cycle and take the steps towards recovery. It takes a tremendous amount of strength and self-belief to put yourself first and start implementing healthier habits into your lifestyle.

I can relate to feeling like no matter how hard you try, you never seem to make any progress and the feelings of guilt after binging are incredibly difficult to deal with—but just remember that each day is another opportunity to move forward and practice self-love! Keep in mind that it’s okay if progress isn’t always linear; some days will feel like two steps forward one step back, but every small victory should be celebrated. When things get tough don’t beat yourself up—you’re doing your best, even if it doesn’t always seem like it.

You’re not alone in this journey—we’ve got your back! Keep pushing on and know that eventually these little daily changes will add up to something much bigger than what you had previously imagined for yourself. Wishing