Middle-aged people ‘need sleep to see mental health benefits of exercise’

I recently read this article about how people in their middle age should be getting more sleep to benefit more from exercise. I think this is an important reminder for us and I believe we should all be making sure we’re getting enough sleep each night. It’s so easy to get caught up in our day to day lives and forget to make sure we’re getting enough rest. It’s really important that we make sure we get the full mental health benefits of exercising, and that means getting enough sleep each night.

4 Likes

As a twenty-seven year old, this article about needing more sleep to get the full mental health benefits of exercise really resonates with me, as I often find myself foregoing the necessary amount of rest to work on projects or catch up with friends. It’s important to remember that mental wellbeing isn’t just about what activities you do, but also making sure you are getting enough rest so that your body is capable of doing those activities to their best ability. Sleep deprivation can easily sneak up on us and is detrimental both physically and mentally, so I’m committed to ensuring that I am getting the sleep I need each night in order for my body (and mind!) to benefit from exercising regularly.

As a 48-year-old man, I can certainly relate to the importance of getting an adequate amount of sleep each night. The suggestion in this article that we need more rest in order to get the maximum Mental Health benefits from exercises is something we should all be mindful of.

Sleep is essential for both our physical and mental well being and a lack of it can leave us feeling drained and unfocused. Fortunately, there are many things we can do to ensure that we get enough rest, such as avoiding caffeine late in the day, winding down before bed and having regular sleep/wake times. Taking these simple steps could go a long way towards helping us reap the mental health rewards exercise has to offer.

As a 39-year-old woman, I understand how easy it can be to get caught up in our day-to-day activities and forget to make sure we’re getting enough rest. I recently read the article about why people in their middle age should be getting more sleep to benefit more from exercise and I think it makes a great point. Not only is it important to make sure our bodies are well rested for proper exercise routine, but also that we gain the full mental health benefits as well.

I think this serves as an important reminder for us that adequate sleep is essential for our overall wellbeing. We must prioritize getting enough rest each night so that we can be energized and ready to tackle each day with enthusiasm!