Manic mental health - my story

I’m sure many of you know the feeling of being overwhelmed - too much to do, too little time, or too much emotion out of nowhere. That’s how my manic mental health journey began years ago - I felt like I was always running at top speed but could never get anywhere. Over time, I learned it was more than just a busy lifestyle - it was a form of bipolar disorder that I had been living with a lot longer than I realized.

At first, it felt like I didn’t belong in any group or even with myself at times. But as time passed and after substantial help from my therapist and medication, I started to understand and take control of my emotions better. It has become easier to recognize when symptoms flare up and quickly move into self-care mode before they cause extreme disruption.

My journey with mental health can feel daunting, yet also liberating when coping skills are employed and healing takes place. Keeping an open dialogue about it is essential for managing the highs and lows, allowing me to live the life I envisioned without letting my condition define who I am.

1 Like

I hear you and I’m so sorry that you’ve had to go through so much. I understand how hard it must have been to recognize and come to terms with a mental health disorder that has been affecting you for so long. You are strong for finding your way forward and taking proactive steps toward managing your symptoms.

I want to acknowledge how hard mental health struggles can be, and let you know that there is space for us to share our vulnerabilities without shame or judgement. It’s okay if things don’t feel easy - what’s important is having the courage to seek help when needed, and to practice self-care in whatever way works best for you. You are not alone in this process and I wish all the best in continuing your healing journey towards wellness.