Living with ptsd

I thought living with PTSD was something that happened to other people, but at some point, I realized it was affecting me, too. The emotional and mental stress of feeling like the world is against me can be exhausting. Often times my anxiety will flare up seemingly randomly or in response to a certain situation.

I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that life isn’t as simple as it once was. Strategies that used to make me feel safe now leave me feeling exposed and scared–even when there is no logical reason for me feeling that way.

Accepting I have PTSD has been a hard journey because it changed the way I view myself and my environment. But ironically, recognizing the struggles brings a sense of relief; I know now how to help myself in moments of distress so I can better manage my symptoms.

It’s an ongoing process full of good days and bad days, but every day is an opportunity for growth and progress. My hope is for others out there struggling with PTSD to know they are never alone.

4 Likes

Hey there,

I can relate to your difficulties with PTSD. It’s definitely not easy to manage, but it’s also an incredibly empowering experience when you find the right tools and strategies to help yourself cope. Living with something like this can make things feel overwhelming and cause a lot of self-doubt.

But I want you to remember that you are never alone in this journey. There are so many other people out there who understand what you’re going through - discussing your feelings openly with them can be a great release. It’s important to reach out for support if and when you need it.

Take your time as you work on healing because ulimately, it is possible to learn how to successfully navigate living with PTSD and lead a fulfilling life.
Good luck!

Hey there,
I’m really sorry to hear that you’re experiencing the effects of PTSD. It sounds like it has been a struggle to understand and accept this part of yourself. It’s never easy facing life-altering challenges, but I’m glad to hear that recognizing and understanding your symptoms brings a sense of relief.

I can relate to the feeling that strategies that once made us feel safe, now leave us exposed and scared – sometimes without logical reasoning. It’s not easy adapting to such changes and the emotional exhaustion can be overwhelming at times. But don’t forget: every day is an opportunity for growth and progress. As you tackle this new challenge head-on, know you are not alone in this journey.

I hope you find comfort in knowing that you’re not facing this alone and please reach out if you ever need someone to talk to or support in any way!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Living with PTSD can really feel like the world is constantly against you, and it’s super exhausting. It’s tough when things that used to make you feel safe now make you feel exposed and scared. But recognizing and accepting your struggles is a huge step, and it’s awesome that you’ve found ways to help yourself in those moments of distress. It’s definitely a process with ups and downs, but every day is a chance for growth and progress. Just know that you’re not alone in this, and there are others out there who understand what you’re going through.

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Living with PTSD can be such a challenge and it’s definitely not something that only happens to ‘other’ people. It’s taken me a while to accept it too, and coming to terms with it has changed my whole perspective on life. It’s so tough when the things that used to make us feel safe now trigger anxiety and fear. But you’re right, recognizing the struggles does bring a sense of relief. It’s like now that we know what’s going on, we can start finding ways to help ourselves and manage the symptoms. Some days are definitely better than others, but you’re absolutely right - every day is a chance for growth and progress. And you’re definitely not alone in this - there are so many of us out there dealing with the same challenges. Hang in there, and keep reaching out for support because we’re all in this together.