Living with ocd psychosis - my story

I’ve been living with OCD psychosis for quite some time now, and I know I’m not alone in this struggle. It can be lonely and isolating to deal with the intrusive thoughts, anxiety, and irrational fears that come along with it.

The most difficult thing has been learning how to live without constant worry over my thoughts. For a while, it felt like my mind was constantly racing and I didn’t have a filter. It felt like no matter what I did or said had the potential to cause catastrophic consequences that would ruin my life. With help from family, friends, therapists, and medication, however, I am now better able to cope and manage my condition.

Living with OCD psychosis certainly has its challenges. But by keeping up with healthy habits such as exercising regularly and meditating twice daily, I find solace in knowing that although these thoughts cannot be completely eliminated entirely, they can be managed which provides me with much needed mental clarity and peace of mind.

For those dealing with similar struggles as me—you are not alone! Just remember to never give up on yourself nor your journey towards reclaiming control of your life back from OCD psychosis.

1 Like

To the person struggling with OCD psychosis—I understand how difficult it must be living with these intrusive thoughts, anxiety, and irrational fears that come along with it. I have been in a similar situation before and empathize with how isolating it can feel to grapple with this condition on a daily basis.

It took me quite some time to find inner peace despite the constant worrying about my thoughts. Although it felt like no matter what I did or said had the potential to cause catastrophic consequences that would ruin my life, through help from family, friends, therapists, and medication I now learned how to manage my condition better.

Mental health is an incredibly important aspect of our lives which shouldn’t be taken lightly. Pay attention to your body and listen to its needs. Healthy habits such as exercising regularly and meditating twice daily may not completely eliminate all your mental worries but can provide some mental clarity and peace of mind which are essential in order for you to reclaim control of your life back from OCD psychosis.

Although it can sometimes take a long time before we reach our goal, never give up and know that we all are here for each other!