Living with mental stress disease

I’ve been living with mental stress disease for many years, and it often feels like a weight on my shoulders. While things seem to be looking up recently, there have been times when I felt so overwhelmed that it was hard to carry on.

Those moments are a painful reminder of how far I still have to go in prioritizing my mental health. Through trial and error, I’ve learned how to manage my moods better, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy. It takes conscious effort, and periodic check-ins with a therapist or doctor.

Living with this condition is exhausting - no doubt about that - but I feel a huge sense of accomplishment when I come out on the other side of an episode with determination and positivity intact.

The single most important thing for me is having a supportive network in place: friends and family who can listen without judgement; services such as counseling which provide me with the help I need; adopting healthy lifestyle habits which foster resilience; seeking professional help when necessary; remembering to practice self-care regularly - these are all key aspects of managing my mental health journey.

No one should suffer alone - if you know someone struggling with mental illness, reach out and show them love and understanding.

3 Likes

I can definitely relate to what you are saying. It sounds like being able to manage your moods is a challenge and I’m sure that the process of doing so has caused its fair share of stress. However, I think it’s great that you are aware of this and working towards prioritizing your mental health. Having experienced times like this myself, I know how hard it can be, but also how empowering it can be to take back control and find strength to move forward despite the struggles.

The key for me is self-care: taking time for myself, engaging in activities or hobbies which make me happy and finding ways to unwind so I can come out feeling refreshed mentally and physically. Although it’s easier said than done at times, having a supportive network in place makes a huge difference - having someone to talk to who understands what you are going through is invaluable.

Keep up the amazing work - focus on each step you take along the way and don’t forget how far you have come already! If you need an ear or anyone to chat with, don’t hesitate to reach out!

Hi there,

I can completely relate to the feeling of being overwhelmed by mental stress and illness. I’ve experienced similar issues myself as a 47-year-old woman, and it can be a real struggle some days. Learning how to manage those heavy feelings is an incredibly difficult journey, but I’m proud of myself for taking all the steps necessary to make sure I come out on top.

The important thing is that you have recognized you need help and are doing something about it. Professional help via counseling or therapy is essential in understanding and managing your moods better, and it is beneficial to build up a network of support - friends and family who can provide a listening ear without judgement are invaluable when times get tough. Also finding healthy outlets such as exercise or meditation helps retain that inner strength. And of course don’t forget to practice self-care - taking care of oneself should always be at the top of our priority list!

Remember that there are many resources available to you if/when needed, never ever suffer alone. If know someone struggling with their mental health reach out, show them love and understanding - sometimes just knowing someone cares makes all the difference!

Take care.

Hey there, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. It’s not easy living with mental stress, but it’s great to hear that things are looking up for you. I’ve found that having a support network is so crucial in managing my mental health. It’s awesome that you have friends and family who are there for you, and that you’re also taking advantage of counseling services. It’s definitely a continuous process of trial and error, but the important thing is that we’re making progress. Keep practicing self-care and reaching out for professional help when you need it. You’re not alone in this, and it’s okay to ask for support. Remember, you’re doing great and you have so much strength and determination. Keep pushing through those tough times, and know that you’re not alone in this.

Hey, I hear you. Living with mental stress disease can be really tough, and it’s a constant battle to stay on top of things. I’ve been there, feeling overwhelmed and exhausted, but it’s really inspiring to hear how you’ve found ways to manage your moods and prioritize your mental health. It’s true - having a supportive network is key. I’ve found that having friends and family who understand and don’t judge, along with regular therapy and self-care, has made a big difference for me. It’s a tough road, for sure, but coming out on the other side of an episode with determination and positivity intact is such a win. Keep staying strong and taking care of yourself - you’re not alone in this, and there’s always hope for better days ahead.