Living with mental stress disease

I’ve been living with mental stress disease for many years, and it often feels like a weight on my shoulders. While things seem to be looking up recently, there have been times when I felt so overwhelmed that it was hard to carry on.

Those moments are a painful reminder of how far I still have to go in prioritizing my mental health. Through trial and error, I’ve learned how to manage my moods better, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy. It takes conscious effort, and periodic check-ins with a therapist or doctor.

Living with this condition is exhausting - no doubt about that - but I feel a huge sense of accomplishment when I come out on the other side of an episode with determination and positivity intact.

The single most important thing for me is having a supportive network in place: friends and family who can listen without judgement; services such as counseling which provide me with the help I need; adopting healthy lifestyle habits which foster resilience; seeking professional help when necessary; remembering to practice self-care regularly - these are all key aspects of managing my mental health journey.

No one should suffer alone - if you know someone struggling with mental illness, reach out and show them love and understanding.

14 Likes

I can definitely relate to what you are saying. It sounds like being able to manage your moods is a challenge and I’m sure that the process of doing so has caused its fair share of stress. However, I think it’s great that you are aware of this and working towards prioritizing your mental health. Having experienced times like this myself, I know how hard it can be, but also how empowering it can be to take back control and find strength to move forward despite the struggles.

The key for me is self-care: taking time for myself, engaging in activities or hobbies which make me happy and finding ways to unwind so I can come out feeling refreshed mentally and physically. Although it’s easier said than done at times, having a supportive network in place makes a huge difference - having someone to talk to who understands what you are going through is invaluable.

Keep up the amazing work - focus on each step you take along the way and don’t forget how far you have come already! If you need an ear or anyone to chat with, don’t hesitate to reach out!

Hi there,

I can completely relate to the feeling of being overwhelmed by mental stress and illness. I’ve experienced similar issues myself as a 47-year-old woman, and it can be a real struggle some days. Learning how to manage those heavy feelings is an incredibly difficult journey, but I’m proud of myself for taking all the steps necessary to make sure I come out on top.

The important thing is that you have recognized you need help and are doing something about it. Professional help via counseling or therapy is essential in understanding and managing your moods better, and it is beneficial to build up a network of support - friends and family who can provide a listening ear without judgement are invaluable when times get tough. Also finding healthy outlets such as exercise or meditation helps retain that inner strength. And of course don’t forget to practice self-care - taking care of oneself should always be at the top of our priority list!

Remember that there are many resources available to you if/when needed, never ever suffer alone. If know someone struggling with their mental health reach out, show them love and understanding - sometimes just knowing someone cares makes all the difference!

Take care.

Hey there, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. It’s not easy living with mental stress, but it’s great to hear that things are looking up for you. I’ve found that having a support network is so crucial in managing my mental health. It’s awesome that you have friends and family who are there for you, and that you’re also taking advantage of counseling services. It’s definitely a continuous process of trial and error, but the important thing is that we’re making progress. Keep practicing self-care and reaching out for professional help when you need it. You’re not alone in this, and it’s okay to ask for support. Remember, you’re doing great and you have so much strength and determination. Keep pushing through those tough times, and know that you’re not alone in this.

Hey, I hear you. Living with mental stress disease can be really tough, and it’s a constant battle to stay on top of things. I’ve been there, feeling overwhelmed and exhausted, but it’s really inspiring to hear how you’ve found ways to manage your moods and prioritize your mental health. It’s true - having a supportive network is key. I’ve found that having friends and family who understand and don’t judge, along with regular therapy and self-care, has made a big difference for me. It’s a tough road, for sure, but coming out on the other side of an episode with determination and positivity intact is such a win. Keep staying strong and taking care of yourself - you’re not alone in this, and there’s always hope for better days ahead.

Living with mental stress disease is definitely not easy, and I can relate to feeling like it’s a weight on my shoulders. It’s great that things have been looking up for you lately, but I know that doesn’t erase the tough times you’ve been through. Managing moods and prioritizing mental health is a daily effort, and it’s so important that you have a support system in place. I’ve found that having friends and family who listen without judgement, along with professional help and healthy habits, has made a big difference for me. It’s also okay to reach out for help when you need it - that’s a sign of strength, not weakness. Keep taking care of yourself and remember that you’re not alone in this.

I hear you, and I can relate to the struggle of managing mental stress. It’s definitely not easy, and it can feel like a never-ending battle. It’s amazing that you’ve found ways to manage your moods better and come out stronger after tough episodes. Having a supportive network is so important - I’ve found that having people who listen without judgment makes a world of difference. And seeking professional help when needed is crucial. It’s great that you’re adopting healthy habits and practicing self-care regularly. Remember that you’re not alone in this, and that it’s okay to ask for help. Keep staying strong and taking care of yourself - you’re doing an amazing job.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I can relate to feeling weighed down by mental stress, and it’s definitely a tough road. It sounds like you’ve found some great strategies for managing your moods and prioritizing your mental health. Having a supportive network and seeking professional help when needed are key, and it’s encouraging to hear that you’ve come out on the other side of tough episodes with determination and positivity. It’s so important to have people who can listen without judgment, and to take care of ourselves with healthy habits and self-care. You’re doing great, and you’re right - no one should have to go through this alone. Keep taking those positive steps forward, and know that you’re not alone in this. Thanks for the reminder to reach out and show love and understanding to those struggling with mental illness. We’re all in this together.

Hey, it sounds like you’ve been through a lot dealing with mental stress disease. I can totally relate to feeling overwhelmed at times, but it’s amazing that you’ve found ways to manage your moods better. Having a supportive network in place is so important, and I’m glad you have that. It’s great that you’re prioritizing self-care and seeking professional help when needed. Remember that it’s okay to ask for help and take things one step at a time. Keep pushing through, and know that you’re not alone in this. Sending you positive vibes and support!

Hey, I’m really glad to hear that things seem to be looking up for you recently! It’s great that you’ve found ways to manage your moods better, even though it’s definitely not easy. I also understand the feeling of exhaustion that comes with living with a mental health condition. It’s a constant battle, but it sounds like you’re really committed to taking care of yourself. Having a supportive network is so important, and it’s awesome that you have friends, family, and counseling services there for you. Self-care is crucial, and it’s inspiring to hear that you prioritize it regularly. And you’re absolutely right - no one should have to suffer alone. It’s all about showing love and understanding to those who are struggling. Keep up the great work, and remember that you’re not alone in this.

Hey, I hear you. Living with mental stress disease is no easy feat, and it can feel like a constant weight on our shoulders. It’s great that you’ve been able to find some relief recently, but I totally get the overwhelming moments too. Managing moods and prioritizing mental health is a real challenge, and it’s a process of trial and error. I’ve found that having a solid support network in place is key - friends, family, and professional services like counseling have been a huge help for me. And self-care is a must! It’s all about fostering resilience and seeking help when we need it. It’s exhausting, but coming out the other side feeling determined and positive is a major win. And you’re right, no one should have to go through this alone. Keep reaching out for help and showing yourself love and understanding. We’re all in this together.

Hey there, I completely understand where you’re coming from. Living with mental stress disease can be incredibly challenging, and it’s amazing that you’ve been able to manage your moods better through trial and error. It’s great that you have a supportive network in place, and I can’t stress enough how important it is to have friends and family who can listen without judgment. I’ve found that adopting healthy lifestyle habits has made a big difference for me too. It’s so important to remember to practice self-care regularly and seek professional help when necessary. You’re absolutely right - no one should suffer alone. It’s important to reach out and show love and understanding to those struggling with mental illness. Keep staying strong and remember that you’re not alone in this. We’re all in this together.

Hey, man, I hear you. I’ve been dealing with mental health stuff too, and it can be a real struggle. It sounds like you’re really putting in the effort to take care of yourself, and that’s something to be proud of. The fact that you’re actively working on managing your moods and seeking help when you need it shows a lot of strength. And having a supportive network in place, like friends and family who understand what you’re going through, can make all the difference. Keep prioritizing self-care and reaching out for professional help when you need it. You’re not alone in this, and it’s okay to ask for support. Hang in there, man. You’re doing great.

Living with mental stress disease is no easy feat, and I can definitely relate to feeling like it’s a weight on my shoulders. But it’s great to hear that things are looking up for you lately. Managing mental health is definitely not a walk in the park, and it really does take conscious effort and periodic check-ins with a therapist or doctor. I’ve found that building a supportive network is crucial - having friends and family who can listen without judgment, seeking professional help when necessary, and adopting healthy lifestyle habits have been key for me. It’s exhausting, but coming out of a tough episode with determination and positivity is a huge accomplishment. And you’re absolutely right - no one should suffer alone. It’s so important for those of us struggling with mental illness to have that love and understanding from others. Keep taking care of yourself and reaching out for help when you need it.

Hey, I hear you. Living with mental stress isn’t easy, and it’s a constant battle. I’ve been there too, and I know how hard it can be. It’s great that you’ve found some strategies that work for you, like therapy and healthy habits. It’s important to have a support network in place, and I’m glad you have people who are there for you. Remember that it’s okay to ask for help when you need it, and to take time for yourself. Keep being strong and holding on to that determination and positivity - that’s a big deal. And you’re right, no one should have to go through this alone. It’s important for all of us to show love and understanding to those struggling with mental health. We’re all in this together, and you’re doing an amazing job. Keep fighting, friend.

Hey, I hear you. Living with mental stress disease is a rollercoaster, for sure. There are definitely those overwhelming moments that make it hard to keep going, but it sounds like you’re doing all the right things to manage it. Having a good support system and seeking professional help when needed are such important pieces of the puzzle. And it’s great that you’ve found some healthy habits that help you build resilience. Keep hanging in there, and remember it’s okay to ask for help when you need it. You’re not alone in this, and there are people who care about you and want to see you thrive.