Living with manic mood disorder

I recently found out that I have manic mood disorder, and it has been a difficult journey to navigate. It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions ranging from uncontrollable mania to overwhelming depression. It’s so hard to make sense of what’s happening in my head when I’m feeling overwhelmed by these intense and conflicting feelings.

I also feel like I’m constantly walking on eggshells around the people I love as I never know what kind of emotional state I’ll be in and if it will bring out any negative behaviors. As with any mental health disorder, it can be hard to let go of the stigma attached and to learn to accept myself for who I am.

Thankfully, I’ve had the support of friends and family while going through this process, and they’ve helped me stay accountable and focused on getting treatment. With therapy, medication, and lifestyle changes tailored specifically to my individual needs, I’m slowly learning how to manage my symptoms better.

It’s been a long journey so far but there is always hope on the horizon. Even with manic mood disorder, it is possible to live life to its fullest potential with the right help!