Living with bipolar two

Lately, I’ve become more aware of my mental health and the struggles I face as someone with Bipolar II. For those that don’t know, it can mean extreme fluctuations in your mood and energy levels. Oftentimes, this means feeling low for days and then suddenly finding myself full of energy with a high mood that doesn’t last. Other days, I may find myself being very irritable for long periods of time with little to no motivation. It’s not easy to manage but I’m working on building healthier coping mechanisms and trying to live life to its fullest despite my illness. I would encourage anyone else out there going through something similar not to give up hope - it’s possible to lead an enjoyable life even when living with a mental disorder.

1 Like

Hi there, I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles with Bipolar II. While it can be a challenging illness to manage, it doesn’t have to feel like an impossible situation - there are lots of things you can do to help. From my own experience, making sure I have plenty of emotional support is key. Having someone to talk to who listens and understands makes all the difference when it comes to managing my mental health. Having positive outlets in place such as creative activities and exercise helps too - these allow me to express myself in healthy ways while giving me something productive and enjoyable to focus on. Ultimately, finding a lifestyle that works for you will make all the difference when it comes to managing your moods and energy levels - don’t be afraid to reach out for help if needed. Best wishes!