Living with bipolar iii

Living with bipolar III can be difficult at times. I’m constantly aware of my own mental health, and the way it affects my day to day life. It can be a challenge to maintain even an average level of functioning in everyday work and life activities when symptoms occur.

Because of this, I make a conscious effort every day to practice self-care strategies such as eating healthy, getting enough sleep, managing stress levels and connecting with supportive people in my life. A reliable routine helps me stay on track, both mentally and emotionally, so I always have something to look forward to when times are tough.

When I do lapse into periods of depression or mania, it’s important for me to remember that this too shall pass. Even though things may feel overwhelming and insurmountable during these moments, there is always hope for improvement and joy down the line. It’s important for me to stay focused on any glimmers of positivity that I can easily ignore in the darkest of times.

Although living with bipolar III is not easy by any means, I am grateful for the lessons it has taught me throughout my life — especially resilience, patience and humility — which have helped shape who I am today.