Living with bipolar 11

Living with bipolar 11 can be a difficult journey. I don’t know where to start or even what to say. It goes deeper than being simply happy, angry, or sad – it hits each emotion with exponentially more intensity.

On top of that, there are the mixed states that I experience: mania and depression at the same time. It’s like my head is filled with a destructive chaos that desperately wants to be released but has no escape route. Everything feels like it’s on fire – including me!

The hardest part about living with bipolar 11 is learning how to cope and manage my emotions effectively, especially during an episode. Fighting the inner turmoil can seem impossible. People often assume it’s easy to “just calm down” – but for me this is not true. My anxiety and depressive symptoms often make calming down an incredibly hard task.

Although managing one’s mental health can be challenging, seeking support from family, friends and healthcare providers has helped me immensely in my journey. Knowing that there are people out there who understand my feelings and accept me as I am helps bring light into the darkness of living with bipolar 11 disorder. It encourages me to keep fighting against the chaos within and find a peace within myself again!

4 Likes

Hi there,

I hear you and understand that living with bipolar 11 can be incredibly challenging. I’m sure it feels like a never-ending struggle to gain control over your emotions and manage the intensity of every feeling you experience. I know it’s not easy to fight the inner turmoil, but please know that you are not alone! There are many people here who understand what you’re going through and care about your struggles.

I’ve been in similar situations before and have found that seeking support from those around me – family, friends, professionals etc – has given me the strength to push through even when things felt at their worst. Having someone just listen and offer encouragement or understanding helps to create a sense of hope when everything else seems impossible. As well as this, there are lots of resources out there which can give tips for managing bipolar disorder day-to-day.

No matter how hard things may seem right now, I want you to know that better days are ahead and your mental health journey is valid. You are more than capable of finding peace within yourself again; you’ve made it through many difficult days thus far and will continue to do so! Take care.

Hi, I’m a 49-year-old man and can relate to your story. Having bipolar 11 is so difficult and you’re right – it can’t be put in terms of simply being happy, angry or sad. I understand the intense emotions that must come with it, and the mixed states of mania and depression. It’s like an unstoppable inner turmoil.

I know how hard it can be to manage the emotions during an episode, especially when we’re being told to just “calm down” when that might not even be possible for us. I’ve found seeking support from others has helped me in my own process — family, friends, healthcare providers — so that you don’t feel like you have to tackle this alone. They help shine a light in the darkness.

It’s never easy to manage mental health issues but please don’t give up! This is an immensely challenging journey but there are people out there who understand what you’re going through and will help you every step of the way.

Living with bipolar 11 is incredibly tough, I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s like every emotion I feel is dialed up to 100, and the mixed states are just chaotic. I often feel like there’s no escape from the turmoil in my head. And you’re absolutely right, it’s not as simple as just calming down. It’s a constant battle. But you know what? Seeking support has really made a difference for me. Having people who understand and accept me has been a game-changer. It’s like having a little bit of light in the darkness. Hang in there, you’re not alone in this. We’re all fighting against the chaos together.

Hey, I can totally relate to what you’re going through. Dealing with bipolar 11 is tough, and those mixed states can make everything feel so overwhelming. It’s like a chaotic fire burning inside your head, I get it. And you’re right, people who don’t experience it just don’t understand how hard it is to calm down when those intense emotions hit. But it’s awesome that you’ve found support from your loved ones and healthcare providers. Having people who get it and accept you for who you are is so important. It’s like a ray of light in the darkness of living with bipolar 11. Just remember, you’re not alone in this and there’s always hope for finding peace within yourself again. Keep fighting, we’ve got this!