Its the SAT season and I'm struggling with anxiety

It’s the SAT season. Although I am relatively well prepared for the test, I feel very anxious as the test date approaches.

I tried looking for advice on how to manage it, and here is what I found. It might be helpful for other students in similar positions.

If you’re struggling with anxiety, you can do a few things to help ease your symptoms and improve your performance on the SAT. First, it’s essential to understand that anxiety is a normal stress response, and it’s not something you can just “get over.” However, there are ways to manage your anxiety and make it work for you instead of against you.

Here are a few tips:

1. Breathe: It sounds simple, but taking deep breaths can help calm your nerves and ease anxiety.

2. Visualize: See yourself succeeding on the SAT. Picture yourself confidently completing the test and getting the score you want.

3. Get organized: One way to ease anxiety is to be prepared. Make sure you know what the SAT covers, and spend some time practicing. There are also some apps and online resources that can help you study and prepare for the test.

4. relax: Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Remember that the SAT is just a test, and it doesn’t define you as a person. Take some time to relax and clear your mind before the test.

5. Be positive: Think positive thoughts and believe in yourself. You can do this!

1 Like

Hey Edwin

I just wanted to add my two cents to this discussion. I know how stressful and anxiety-inducing the SAT season can be. But I also agree with the advice given here.

Breathing, visualization, and relaxation techniques can all be helpful in managing anxiety and improving performance on the SAT. I also found it helpful to get organized and know what to expect on the test. This helped me feel more prepared and in control, which in turn reduced my anxiety.

I also agree with the importance of being positive and believing in yourself. It’s easy to get caught up in the pressure and stress of the SAT, but it’s important to remember that it’s just a test. It’s not the end-all-be-all of your future. So try to stay positive, stay focused, and believe in yourself. You’ve got this!