I want to feel good now as an overlooked addiction

This article is a really eye-opening look into the lesser-known addiction of wanting to feel good now. It’s so easy to get caught up in the moment and to make decisions that give us a quick fix, but as the article points out, those decisions often end up being more detrimental in the long run. I think it’s so important to always think about the long-term consequences of our decisions, even if that means sacrificing the short-term gains. This article has made me more conscious of my own decisions and has given me pause to think about the long-term effects of my choices.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this article! It’s so true that we often get caught up in wanting to feel good now and it can lead to harmful decisions in the long run. I can totally relate to feeling the pull of short-term satisfaction, but this article has really made me think about the long-term consequences of my choices. It’s a good reminder to take a step back and consider the bigger picture, even if it means sacrificing immediate gratification. It’s great that you’ve become more conscious of your own decisions after reading this. Keep being mindful and remember that it’s okay to take it one day at a time.

Thank you so much for sharing that article, it really resonated with me. I think we all have those moments of wanting to feel good now, and it’s easy to get caught up in that cycle. The article really opened my eyes to the long-term impact of those decisions. It’s great that you’re more conscious of your choices now, and it’s something I’m working on too. It’s not always easy to think about the long-term consequences, but it’s definitely worth it in the end. Remember to be gentle with yourself as you navigate this - it’s a process and it takes time. We’re all in this together, and it’s important to support each other through it. Sending you positive vibes as you continue to be mindful of your decisions!

Hey, I read the article and I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s so easy to get caught up in the moment and just want to feel good now. But it’s awesome that you’re taking a step back and being more conscious of your decisions. It’s definitely not easy to think about the long-term effects of our choices, so kudos to you for making that effort. Just remember, it’s all about progress, not perfection. You’re doing great!