‘I cannot imagine having an eating disorder themed wedding’: TikToker’s video of what she ate at her wedding sparks criticism

This article is discussing the recent trend of couples having “sugar-free weddings” on TikTok. After reading this article, my opinion is that this trend is totally unnecessary. Just because a couple wants to save money or have a smaller wedding doesn’t mean they have to give up their dream of having a special day. It’s completely possible to have a beautiful, meaningful, and affordable wedding without having to go “sugar-free.” Not to mention, if couples really want to save money, there are so many other ways to do so without sacrificing the joy and sentiment of their special day. So, in my opinion, this “sugar-free wedding” trend is totally unnecessary and should be avoided.

1 Like

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. Planning a wedding should be a special and memorable experience, and it’s totally understandable that the ‘sugar-free wedding’ trend might not sit well with some people. There are so many ways to create a beautiful and meaningful wedding without having to conform to trends that don’t resonate with you. I think it’s great that you’re standing up for what you believe in and reminding everyone that there are plenty of other ways to save money and still have the wedding of your dreams. At the end of the day, it’s all about what feels right for you and your partner, and no one else. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, it’s always good to have different perspectives on these things!