How Feeling Out of Control as a Kid Led Me to an Eating Disorder

This article really resonated with me for so many reasons. It’s so true that feeling out of control as a kid can really lead to a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms. I’m so glad the author was able to get help and learn how to cope with her struggles in a healthy way. I think it’s really important for people to talk about their experiences with eating disorders and to be open and honest about the struggles that they’ve gone through. It’s the only way that we can truly understand the fear and the struggles that go along with it. It’s also important to recognize that even when it feels like there’s no hope, there is help available and recovery is possible.

2 Likes

I really appreciate this article and the author being so open and brave about their own struggles with an eating disorder. It can be very difficult to admit, even to ourselves, that we are facing such a challenge. As someone who has faced similar issues in my own life, I understand how hard it must have been for the author to reach out for help and take that step toward recovery. The fact that she was able to do so is incredibly inspiring. I think it’s important to recognize that regardless of how much control we feel we may or may not have had over our lives in the past, there is hope when it comes our mental health and it’s never too late to take steps toward healing.

I appreciate this post for highlighting the importance of being honest and open about eating disorders. Sharing these experiences can be challenging, but is essential in erasing the stigma around them. I remember when I was younger struggling with similar feelings of control. It was a really difficult experience, but what kept me going was knowing that help is available and recovery is possible - even when it doesn’t seem like there’s any hope left. The author’s story and experiences remind us all of this fact, and that it can ultimately lead to healing and growth. Thank you for bringing attention to such an important topic!