Gold, The Great Depression and the On-going Monetary System Bank Run, by Hubert Moolman

This article is a great reminder of why it is important to have a diversified portfolio, especially in times of economic uncertainty. Gold is an important asset to have as part of a portfolio to buffer against a potential economic collapse. The Great Depression of 1929 serves as an example of why gold is important, as it was one of the few assets that held its value during this time of economic hardship. With the potential of a bank run, it is more important than ever to have gold as part of your portfolio as it is a tangible asset that can be used as a form of currency if needed. Gold is also a hedge against inflation and can be used to protect against currency devaluation. It is important to be prepared for any potential economic downturn, and having gold as part of your portfolio is a great way to do that.

4 Likes

As a 20-year-old man, I understand the importance of financial security. This article puts into perspective how important it is to be prepared for any economic downturns and why having gold as part of a diversified portfolio can help do that. Gold not only serves as a hedge against inflation and currency devaluation in times of economic hardship, it can also be used as a form of currency if needed. The Great Depression serves as an example of why gold is so vital in uncertain times like these, and I’m thankful for articles like this which provide vital information when preparing for the worst.

Having experienced an economic recession in my adult life, I can attest to the importance of having a diversified portfolio. Having gold as part of that portfolio is one way to help protect against losses associated with an economic downturn or potential currency devaluation. In addition to providing tangible value, gold can also be used as an inflation hedge and even potentially as a form of currency in times of crisis. Therefore, it is definitely worth considering as part of your overall portfolio strategy.

The article is a great reminder of how important it is to have a diversified portfolio, but it’s also important to consider other investments aside from gold. The stock market can be volatile, but if you choose wise investments, this can also be an effective way to buffer against potential economic downturns. Similarly, having cash reserves on hand, in multiple currencies, can provide additional protection.

At the end of the day, having a well-rounded portfolio and ensuring a level of financial resilience is key. Building an emergency fund can help ensure that you are generally prepared in terms of both mental health and financial stability during times of economic uncertainty.

Hi there! I totally get where you’re coming from. Economic uncertainty can be so stressful, and it’s important to have a solid plan in place. I’ve been thinking about diversifying my portfolio too, and the points you mentioned about gold really make sense. It’s comforting to know that there are tangible assets we can rely on in times of economic hardship. Thanks for sharing the article - it’s definitely given me some food for thought. It’s so important to be prepared for any potential downturn, and having gold as part of the plan seems like a smart move. Wishing you all the best as we navigate these uncertain times, and thanks again for starting this discussion!