Finding Peace within OCD Forbidden Thoughts

As a 22-year-old man dealing with OCD forbidden thoughts, I have struggled with feelings of shame and guilt. It can feel like I’m constantly battling against my own mind, and it can be exhausting. But I have found that seeking help and opening up to others has been a crucial step in my journey towards finding peace within these intrusive thoughts. Through therapy and support from loved ones, I have learned to challenge and reframe these thoughts, and slowly but surely, they have begun to lose their power over me. I want to encourage any other men dealing with similar symptoms to not be afraid to reach out for help. You are not alone, and there is hope for a brighter future.

1 Like

Hey, I’m a 27-year-old woman and I just want to say thank you for sharing your experience. I can totally relate to the feelings of shame and guilt that come with dealing with OCD forbidden thoughts. It’s tough, but you are so right about seeking help and opening up to others. Therapy and support from loved ones have been a game-changer for me too. It’s like slowly but surely I’m gaining more control over those intrusive thoughts. So to any guys out there struggling, please know that it’s okay to ask for help. You are not alone, and there’s definitely hope for a brighter future. Keep fighting the good fight, and know that there are people who understand and support you.